Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

Hybrid View

Jose Ferrer

Default How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

Dear Sirs. Could you please explain the way, assuming there is one, to effect an eviction notice in the absence of a rental contract. Many thanks in advance.

Dear Mr. Ferrer,

A rental agreement can be regarded as valid even in absence of a written rental contract providing that you can show evidence of the rental; for instance e-mails between you and the tenant/s, bank statements that show regular transfers from the tenant or invoices if payments were made in cash; declarations by neighbours indicating the tenant lives in the building and in that particular dwelling, as well as any other type of evidences accepted by law. In this case, you could start the corresponding legal actions to start a tenant eviction process that finally led to the eviction notice that you mention if your tenant stopped paying the rent.

Please read the following article that outlines the steps to be followed and aspects to be taken into consideration when you need to start an eviction process:
    http://belegal.com/articles/showArti...anish-property

Hiring the services of a solicitor is highly recommended in these cases as they will advice on the validity of the evidence and take care the of the legal issues.

If you wish you can send me e-mail on Patricia at Lawbird.com and I will be able to study your case and advice how to proceed further.

Best Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile