Hi Benlim,

For the non lucrative permit you will need to prove residency in Spain. Either by purchasing or renting a property in Spain. This is one of the main requirements.

I don't quite understand when you say that you can only find a job in Spain if you have citizenship... This statement is not correct..! Once you have been issued your work and residence permit you will be able to begin working straight away. Not if it is a non lucrative permit of course, but in this case, you will be able to change your permit after the first year into a salaried or self employed permit without any difficulties.

If you would like to start working straight away, then you might want to consider the self employed permit. Right now due to the current economic circumstances, it is a very good permit to apply for.

With regards to the time spent in Spain I am afraid that I cannot give you a different answer to the one already given. The law is very clear with regards to the requirements for residency.

You have my e-mail address and my contact number. Please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail.