Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a flat in a block with many absent owners and the president of the comunidad holds lots of proxy votes, giving him a majority for any decisions. So what he wants, he gets. Is there any way to stop this? Under law Is there a maximum percentage any one person can hold in the form of proxies?
Hola,
I have just logged on and registered with your Forum. The reason being is that the above question was precisely what I wanted to ask.
However I cannot find a response from a Legal Beagle. Am I doing something wrong..?
We have precisely the same situation in our Urb. Personally I have no problem with it, as obviously all of the proxy senders have faith in his integrity, as do I. Needless to say there is a small noisy minority that claim that this is illegal. They want an Item on our AGM agenda that limits an owner to holding a maximum of 3 proxies. Their motive is clear, they think that this will limit the number of votes against their plans. Whereas 10 owners holding 3 proxies each against their plans, is the same as the president holding 30 votes.
I would very much appreciate an independent legal opinion.
Thank you in advance
Roy Leon