Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

ECB

Default Stay for Residency and Citizenship

Hi Patricia. After reading this thread and other sites talking about residency and citizenship, I have the following questions/clarifications:

1. For the 2-year residency for a Philippine citizen/national to be eligible for citizenship, the stay does not need to be continuous for as long as I stay at least 183 days per year, correct?

2. In relation to question 1, "per year" means calendar year? Or is the "year" counted from the time I'm issued a residence visa (like a Golden Visa or a non-lucrative visa) and is not on a calendar year?

3. After I meet the 2-year residency requirement and I apply for citizenship, I still need to stay another year while the citizenship application is in process?

4. During the time that the citizenship application is in process, I cannot leave Spain for more than 3 continuous months until the citizenship is approved?

5. If I enter Spain on a non-lucrative visa and then I decide to start a business or I get a job, can I convert to an entrepreneur's visa or work visa? And will the time I spent in Spain under the non-lucrative visa be counted towards the 2-year residency requirement for citizenship?

Hello ECB,

Please read my replies to your questions:

1. Yes, as long as you meet the minimum stay requirement that allowed you renew your residence permit, you should be fine.

2.It is the year counted since you were issued the residence visa.

3.Yes, you can Travel but always meet the minimum stay requirement. If you are out of Spain for long periods of time, be sure someone is checking the mail and notification´s address as the Civil Registry can send you documentation requests or other type of communications related to the nationality application along the process and usually involve a deadline, so it is important to be alert and not miss any notification.

4. You are correct.

5. You can apply for a modification of your residence permit at any time once you have renewed the permit for the first time. The amount of time as a resident under the Non Lucrative permit would be added to the new residence authorization.

If you need further assistance, please contact us via our contact page: https://www.lawbird.com/services/contact

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Thank you very much, Patricia!

Unregistered

Default Lineage

Hello,
    My Grandmother's father was a Spaniard but she was only raised by her Filipina mother. Would this qualify my Grandmother as being a Spanish descendent and therefore qualifying my lineage of being within the 2 generations?

Regards,
    Jeff

Hello Jeff,

That depends on how far you can back track the Spanish ancestry based on birth certificates and also by checking whether your grandmother was officially recognized as her father´s daughter while her father was considered a Spanish citizen: that is, that he never lost his Spanish citizenship and he held it at the time she was born.

An inquiry at the Spanish embassy, taking as many documents as you can with you, would be helpful.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Maria-Elena

Hi Patricia,

Found your answers helpful in this thread. I have 1 thing to clarify, for the non-lucrative visa, the requirement is €2,151.36 per month. I am a freelancer, and I cannot support with document that I earn that amount per month. However, I have enough savings required for a year, in order to qualify for the non-lucrative visa. Will that be a problem in my application?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Elena

Hello Maria-Elena,

You do not need to prove that exact amount per month; that is, that you have a regular monthly income of that amount, but show documented evidences that you have the equivalent to the 400% minimum salary in Spain per month for a whole year: €25,816.32.

The availability of such financial resources will be accredited by any documentation that allows the officers verify that regular income is generated by the main applicant or they own sufficient income/assets that guarantees the requested income is obtained. The accepted documentation is: ownership titles, certified bank checks and credit cards supported by letter issued and stamped from the relevant bank or financial entity, indicating the available amount as well as the credit on the card. if the financial means are sourced from shares in foreign companies established in Spain, Spanish or mixed corporations, the applicant will have to prove, by means of a company certificate, that they do not undertake any work position in any of the said companies and will file a sworn declaration or affidavit for that end.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Jordz

Cool Spanish Nationality by birth/option

Hello!

I am a Filipino resident who wants to claim Spanish citizenship by option. I am a son of a Spanish man but unfortunately, he left when I was born. I was wondering if I would be able to argue this as a ground for citizenship? His name is indicated in my birth certificate as proof.

I wanted to trace my bloodline as my grandparents are of Spanish descent. Would it be possible to inquire directly at the Spanish Embassy? Thank you so much!

Hello Jordz,

The first step is to confirm your Spanish origins. You mention your father was Spanish and that his name appears in your birth certificate. Do you know if he was a Spanish citizen at the time you were born? If that is the case and you obtain a copy of his birth certificate and passport or DNI, I believe a visit to the embassy in Manila is worth it. In the event you are considered originally Spanish, you will be able to apply for the Spanish nationality by option easily.

As the grandson of a Spanish citizen, you would be able to apply for the Spanish nationality after one year holding a residence permit in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia

so this is what i read so far.
    1. need 26k euro to show to the authority that you can sustain living in spain
    2. it doesnt have to be full 730 days(2 years). just need 185 days per year for 2 years

my question is:
    1. that 185 days per year, can i split it like every 2 months i come and go to spain? or it has to be straight 185 days?
    2. im in UAE right now and my family is in Philippines. can i get a citizenship for me first and do a "Petition" for my family? or will they be automatically get the spanish passport too? the kids are under 18 years

my plan is i wont be resigning from my job here in UAE if i can split those 185 days that my current employer can agree to.
    Last edited by renzo; 02-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.