I am Filipino and Canadian citizen. My family (3 young children) and spouse are wanting to move to Spain. I am interested in acquiring citizenship and am trying to figure out how to get a visa to get residency for 2 years. I have read some of the posts and I am curious about this non lucrative visa. I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Is it difficult to get? I have read that it requires proof that you are able to substantiate the ability to support 2000 Euros a month income for yourself and 500 Euros additional for each family member. Is this through a bank savings account, rental income, etc?

2. How difficult is it to extend this non lucrative visa to establish 2 years residency?

3. After 2 years of residency I have read on the posts that you can then apply for citizenship. It was also mentioned that the citizenship process may take 2 years post application. Is the applicant and their family required to reside in Spain even after they have applied for citizenship and have met the 2 year residency requirement? I am just worried that our savings may not last beyond 2 years and then if we are required to stay in Spain until the paper work is complete, we may be in financial hardship.

I appreciate your reply.

Bindy