Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Hello RobParikh,

The baby can get the Spanish Nationality as Colombia is not recognizing children born abroad to Colombian citizens, but the US does, so if you register his birth, the authorities may consider the child is an US citizen. Anyway, the Civil registry studies each case in particular and may as well grant the Spanish Nationality. It is worth a try.

Regards,

Patricia
Hi Patricia,

Thanks so much for your reply. BTW.. we are unwed so I'm not sure if that has an impact on registration. If possible, I would prefer to have the baby acquire Spanish nationality based on his Colombian mother but I would also like to confer him (already know the sex of the baby!) US Citizenship as well by registering him with a local consular office.

Since we are unwed, can she simply claim him as her child so that Spanish nationality can be conferred to him automatically? And then later after this is completed, register his birth under my name and nationality as well?

How long does it take from the point of birth to the point is receiving a Spanish Passport for the baby?

Can we as parents subsequently be entitled to permanent residence in Spain? Subsequently, can my Colombian fiancee then apply on a fast track for Spanish citizenship? If so, how long does that take/

Thanks so much for your assistance.

BTW.. do you assist with all of the above if we need assistance with registrations etc. while in Spain?