Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Inheritance Tax: How much is it?

Hybrid View

Louise Buttenschøn

Default Spanish Inheritance Tax: How much is it?

Dear Sirs

My parentes have both died within two months and left my sister, brother and I an erstatte/house in Torremolinos. We are all danish residents. We are the only heirs/beneficernes and theres is no testament. The value of the house is apx. 250.000 € and theres no depth in the house or any other complcations.
    We have contacted a lawer in Spain and asked for the lawers fee. The price is 3.500 € including 12-15 workhours plus 6 - 8 secretary hours incl. tax. Then there"s an additional Price of 3.000. € for all occicial fees and paynents.
    As we have never had to hire a lawer abord before - we have no idea if this fee i reasonable or not?
    I know it's difficoult, but can you PLEASE give us an estimate of the general lawers fee for this inherrentenc / exchange of erstatte ?
    We are really not sure of the Price we have been given!?

Think you very much

Sincerament Louise

Hello Louise,

The quote you have been given seems appropriate, but the supplement does not seem clear to me. At the same time, there is not mention of taxes, and how these may have been calculated. I also believe that the hour count is incorrect because this work would not attract 24 hours of work, even though the fee may be correct (it would take into account the professional responsibility of drafting up the inheritance deeds correctly, calculating the taxes accordingly (this is important as savings can be achieved here) and duly registering the property with the Land Registry.

Finally, the fee quoted can be improved, considering the value of the property.

You can write to me directly if you wish, and I will clarify matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Buttenschøn View Post
    Dear Sirs

My parentes have both died within two months and left my sister, brother and I an erstatte/house in Torremolinos. We are all danish residents. We are the only heirs/beneficernes and theres is no testament. The value of the house is apx. 250.000 € and theres no depth in the house or any other complcations.
    We have contacted a lawer in Spain and asked for the lawers fee. The price is 3.500 € including 12-15 workhours plus 6 - 8 secretary hours incl. tax. Then there"s an additional Price of 3.000. € for all occicial fees and paynents.
    As we have never had to hire a lawer abord before - we have no idea if this fee i reasonable or not?
    I know it's difficoult, but can you PLEASE give us an estimate of the general lawers fee for this inherrentenc / exchange of erstatte ?
    We are really not sure of the Price we have been given!?

Think you very much

Sincerament Louise
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog