Hi there,
I hope you could help me with some advise in to a financial matter.
In August 2007 I have taken out a hipoteca with caixa galicia building society in the city of la coruna, for 70.000 euros, my question is neither me or my partner were working at the time and had no form of income at all, the manager was till happy to sign us on, even without any form of income and only being living in Spain for 3 month also we didn't know anything about how Spanish banks work, my question is? Is this loan valid because to be honest neither me or my partner could at the time speak Spanish that well and in the notario things just got faster and faster even that we had a translator what could not translate many words,, and the person reading it and the bank manager just say that is all the normal formalities, all we know is we have a fixed mortgage for 5.75% for 20 years and forever straggled to pay the loan.
I would appreciate very much our opinion on this matter,, as many friends think this mortgage is not legal, because we had no form of financial support rather than your savings of 13.000 pounds and your house.

your truly, Sarah