Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Default Claim for compensation

Hi Everyone,

I paid a deposit for a property in Estepona that was never built and have recently been in contact with a company called the Mortgage Claims Bureau who say they may be to help me depending on how I raised the deposit. They have told me that if I borrowed the money from a mortgage, pension, loan etc there may be a claim against the broker or lender.

I know a few others that are also speaking to them and have signed up and they tell me they are now representing over 100 OVP clients. I have been speaking to a Mick and Ben on 01903 868251.

Hope this helps

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I paid a deposit for a property in Estepona that was never built and have recently been in contact with a company called the Mortgage Claims Bureau who say they may be to help me depending on how I raised the deposit. They have told me that if I borrowed the money from a mortgage, pension, loan etc there may be a claim against the broker or lender.

I know a few others that are also speaking to them and have signed up and they tell me they are now representing over 100 OVP clients. I have been speaking to a Mick and Ben on 01903 868251.

Hope this helps
    I too lost money through OVP but how can a lender or broker be held responsible? Unless they lent you the money incorrectly - then you may have a separate claim.
    Ambulance chasers springs to mind, run by similar people as the crooks at OVP I would hazard a guess.

Unregistered

If you have lost money, you should be in contact with Lawbird. They are making good progress for a large number of estepona investors.

Unregistered

"I too lost money through OVP but how can a lender or broker be held responsible? Unless they lent you the money incorrectly - then you may have a separate claim"

From what they have told me if the lender or broker have enabled me to get hold of the money from my mortgage or through a loan then this is irresponsible lending and poor advice. They said that in my case as I remortgaged my property to release the money and was advised to go from repayment to interest only as the OVP property would repay this in 3 years time then they should be repsonsible for this poor advice as the money was taken from a sound investment which was my mortgage.

They have told me they already have over 100 clients and are prepared to work on a no win no fee basis and that there is case law to back up these claims now. 'Emptage vs FSCS' was what they said had allowed them to move forward with these types of cases.

I am going to give them a try as I know a few others that have. They have also told me it will not effect my lawbird claim as that is against the developer in Spain and will have no bearing on this.

No harm in trying

Thanks for you help

Thumbs down Claim for compensation posting 723

If the Mortgage Claim Bureau can get my money back, then I'll invest again.

I'll buy in Spain an Apartment I don't like,

In an area I don't like,

To people I don't like.

Nothing can be worse than ovp.!!!

Davey Dave

Post Gardens of manilva, phase 1 etc.

Dear LAWBIRD Lawyer,

1.The Completion Date for Phase 1 was 31st December 2007.When you went to Court, what extension of time did the Judge allow developer Manilva Costa, in order to complete the building works (although they were potentially already in Breach).Was it 3 months, 6 months etc.?

2.When you established in Court a commercial relationship between OVP and Manilva Costa, how much was it that OVP had
    already transferred to Manilva Costa in Spain? Was it £17 million or something like that ?

Regards,

Davey Dave

Thumbs down Gardens f manilva

Dear All,

Having been away for a while,I need to catch up.Nine or ten years ago I paid £100.000 for a bogus piece of paper with OVP.I thought I had bought a property with a legal contract but sadly there was a third party who did not have the legal ''noggin'' to get it signed by Joe 90 the corrupt spanish developer.As I was often at Longdon Hall I could ask questions.XXXX XXXXXX was a complete nice gentleman to deal with in operations.Ha! and the'' proprietor'' would not even acknowledge me.Dave in IT was ok but there was a lot wrong with Public Schoolboy and Mr.Smooth, alias Smith and Jones.I told Public Schoolboy in a nice sort of a way not to thieve my money when he demanded 7%I.V.A.

On the plane to Spain with Public Schoolboy on board, going to his room in Spain,OVP were told more plainly by another Purchaser,''THIS IS A CON ISN'T IT ?'' The answer was ''THERES A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE !'' - a good bit of reverse psychology when you believe OVP are going to thieve peoples money.

When you are told by ovp staff in 2004 ''OVP will be dead in the water after 2007....'' you begin to check their financial records!

When Public Schooboy( on your OVP VIDEO ) shouts out from his site cabin at the top of the GOM site, ''YOU HAVEN'T ASKED THE QUESTION.YOU HAVEN'T ASKED THE QUESTION? IS YOUR MONEY SAFE WITH US ?.IS YOUR MONEY SAFE WITH US? .YES IT IS !.YES IT IS.! WE HAVE A CRIMINAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE''- it seems to tell you OVP are going to ''take'' peoples money.I think it was PUBLIC SCHOOLBOY who gave it away for me.

Well Nigel was an ok guy and I wondered when he was going to find out when peoples money was being ''taken'' by ovp.Looking at all the paperwork lying around,I could see the names of all the people having their money ''taken''.Well Mr.Smooth did tell me ovp had an ''open door policy''.So I did visit -often.I just wish others before me at OVP had
    raised the alarm across the country instead of being intimidated by PUBLIC SCHOOLBOY.All this seems just like- YESTERDAY!

THE WUFFER

Unregistered

Very confused by the above post. Pls can you explain in clearer terms? Thanks

Unregistered

Absolutely spot on, public schoolboy XXX knew exactly what he was doing, he had no morals whatsoever but covered hmself well.
    I worked at Longdon Hall for too long with morons like him, horrible men and no care for staff, unless you were female and attractive and could be bought with a few designer handbags. I wasn't comfortable with that, it was a massive ego trip by him, CT and MB particularly. had a constant room held in the Kempinsky Hotel on Costa Del Sol that he only needed once a week at best.
    Still believe though that lots of genuine workers like me believed the dream for clients was real as Nigels team were renting the built properties like Bel Air and Princess Kristina out really well and earning for the owners.
    When wages started getting delayed and cash flow issues were mentioned I got out quick as they would have sold their grandmothers so I wasn't hanging around to work for nothing for those idiots.
    I know some say on here that we were getting paid with their savings and their money but I can assure we didn't know that or realise that. Easy to say we must have done but despite the guys at the top seeming like hard nosed crooks, the already built and open properties being rented out weekly and the holiday brochures on shelves of travel agents countrywide gave everything OVP the look of a genuinely successful business bothnoutside and in.
    Last edited by ifv; 12-06-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Removal request

Unregistered

Yes I believe there were some genuine people working there. It was the leaders/directors that were conning people.
    There time will come and with the documentary that is currently being worked on they will all be exposed.