Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Joey123

i wonder if this is something GT have actioned? We will find out soon enough

Unregistered

Default ITV Homes from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i wonder if this is something GT have actioned? We will find out soon enough
    For all of those who have had a bad experienced. See Eye on Spain webite. Estepona Beach and Country Club Forum. ITV Homes from Hell are looking for people who have had a bad experience buying abroad.

Contact Laura Stevens on 0207157 4247

Joey123

FYI - Longdon Hall appears to have been sold by receivers from the mortgage company so I understand - I have not verified this. Nothing to do wtih GT.

Unregistered

Default pay us back miranda

I see with real interest ricardo miranda has raised $460 million dollars for punta perla lets hope we of estepona beach will get a chance to get our money back surely grant thornton will do something.What about the people who bought in morocco will they get there money back .

Banned

It may be difficult to tell where the funds went but it is certainly very relevant as Spanish Law on guarantees dictate that funds receive as part payment for a property should be deposited in a special account to use specifically towards constructions costs.

Joey123

Default Are you sure RM is to blame?

It is difficult to some extent as previouly posted the money was transferred to other overseas companies - at that point GT hit a brick wall. The annual report may reveal more on this.

A lot of money taken from people for deposts was clearly spent on running OVP, to impove CT's property, Longdon Hall, pay CT dividends, make loans to his companies etc etc.

So what we know is that much of it has gone - can any be recovered??

But we have reports of EBCC being knocked back and cancelled and deposits paid from OVP to Sungolf having been returned as the project was cancelled. Then you have to question the facts. At that point, what did OVP do with the money and why was it released against all bullsh8t assurances. GT gave the views of each party before and their side from their findings.

What is the truth? Are you sure you should be blaming RM on this particular case? I'm not convinced.

Unregistered

Default natural hotesing

Wake Up and smell the coffee we need miranda to be held responsible as the developer for ocean view to be the agent then we will have a claim against miranda similar to the ruling lawbird was successful in obtaining in spain even tho not all the money was recieved by the developer a judge in spain still held the developer responsible for ALL the money.There is clearly no money in ov ct or his cronies let us focus where the money is which is with miranda and now he has raised $460 million Why would you not want him responsible i want justice but i would rather have an opportunity to get my money back and i hope ov were decieved then we have a very good chance .Lets turn all this negative energy into positive attack against miranda.

Joey123

Default negative ? No! - different opinion - Yes!

I know what you want. I'm smelling the coffee, but what are the facts? Were OVP deceived? Or did they deceive? OVP were businessmen. Not stupid ones either (so they thought & it may be that they still are pretty happy- bancruptcy? Does this mean anything - it depends doesnt it!). I cannot believe they would be acting as agents and allow themselves to caught in this way. I believe they agreed to buy the whole lot from Sunngolf and sell them on at a massive mark-up. Why not. It's a no brainer for both parties.

Sorry, but this is not being negative but a real possibility. Everyone is looking at angles and I hope everyone is successful in their claims.

There were never any signed contracts by Sungolf -why? Part of a ploy? Because they were not genuine? Who knows?

Ok, it could be feasibly either way. GT have a view and gave them before. However, if the deposit money was supposed to held and given to Sungolf, why is it missing?

We have no OVP accounts after y/e 30.10.06 to review but those for 2005 and 2006 tell alot, and I cannot believe was any great change in behaviour after that date.

Does anyone know any truth about Morocco (either before when it was Royal Maroc, or after when rebranded)- was it an OVP/RM Joint venture? A stalling tactic by OVP? Was Unico the new OVP - given the OVP situation was collapsing? Anyone know?

I just know who was given my deposit money and who allowed it to disappear or plainly used it with total disgregard for the people whose money it was, and I hope they get punished severely for this.

If someone can support you in any claim, then go for whatever gives you some prospect of success as long as you do not end up in an even worse position. But don;t go into it blindly or desparately.

It is a tragedy for all involved. I wish you luck in getting your money back anyway. I can only make comment on the facts available. What I do not understand one bit, is that the scale of this should get us the full support of the police to investigate this and find out the truth.

Unregistered

Default it is obvious

I have absolutely no time for all the lies from ocean view but i believe the truth lies within all the postings that have been made and in advance of gt statement i note the following

Ocean view are refered to as an agent by a judge in spain in the case bought by lawbird .
    Why would they change there modus operadi and buy this site for 70 million

Gt will be able to answer this and what would we all think if miranda and his lawyer were lieing and they were agents?
    Ocean View payed over 12 million to sungolf over 3 years why did miranda keep recieving it if he had told ocean view it was not happening where is all this communication between these 2 companys.
    Was this money returned to ov if so when and surely it would show in ov bank statements which gt have and again what communication between these 2 companys.
    Why did ov send money to sungolf and lie.

Study the accounts our payments and develpoer payments sit in debtors and creditors and ov refers to itself as an agent so why would it buy this site where would it get the money from we were only paying 30% in clearly not enough.

Reference morocco there is a poster earlier who dealt with unico in spain directly and states that there is legal action against unico in spain aka miranda for the return of deposit.
    Search unioco in england it is owned by a spanish co
    There is no project or land sound familiar?

The directors of a company are responsible for what happens to that company but were they decieved.
    Take a good look at miranda lots of info none of it good except that he has managed to raise 450 million .
    Is lawbird interested in this case i am a lot happier now we have something to go at .
    The noise from grant thornton is deafening so much help

It would be great to see justice but what is that my greed made me blind i believe ocean view were decieved and there greed was there downfall and in turn they decieved us and our greed was our downfall but the one unaffected party is miranda perhaps justice will now be done and we can find away to bring him to the table'

Joey123

reasonable points perhaps but

1) No judge in Spain has ruled on EBCC that I am aware of. They may have been noted as agents on other developments
    2) They would agree to buy yhe whole site if they could double their money. They may have taken 30% of the whole lot but I doubt they would be paying Sungolf the whole purchase price for a site where no spade has ever been seen although many lies were made about ground scraping etc. Surely 30% of of the full price is more than needed to buy the whole site if they were doubling up on the purchase price?
    3) Not sure about money flows but there was an account of this in a previous GT report.
    4) Undesputable is that OVP were in control of our money and breached agreed terms to hold it but stole it (as it is missing it is therefore stolen)
    5) Discription in accounts - ok, that may mean something, possibly, as they were audited accounts
    6) Action against Unico - might have a point there
    7) Greed - maybe yourself, maybe others, but the EBCC promise & OVP travel rental guantantee all sounded good

there must have been paperwork/agreeements but where are they?

I still cannot be convinced that no-one except the people behind OVP misled, lied and stole our money including IVA money they should not have been taking. They should be locked up. There were plenty of assuances that our money was to be held in secure account pending the granting of a build licence. They received and controlled our money and were responsible for it.

Still we are very close to getting the update letter. Maybe this will shed some light on this.