Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Lilos in Private Spanish pools

Unregistered cliff

Default Lilos in Private Spanish pools

Hi, The president of our residence in Spain has banned lilos in the pool he says its againts Spainsh law to have them in the pool, is this correct.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In some parts of Spain, i.e. Valencia, they've passed laws forbidding their use.

Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain - 26th June 2009

Besides, there may be Community Rules in your own Community of Owners forbidding their use. There's freedom to decide on such things.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default lilos

thank you for your responce its been very helpful.

You are welcome.

Unregistered

Default li-lo's in swimming pools

Having searched various sites you are the only other person I have found who has had the use of li-lo's suddenly banned. I wonder if you also live on LG2?

Unregistered

Default Laws regarding li-lo's

Nobody has ever been able to produce the relevent decree banning li-lo's in swimming pools-because there isn't one.

There is no law banning li-lo's from any pool private or otherwise. It is only kill-joy presidents and management companies who spread this nonsense.

It's an urban myth, similar to the non-existant law that says you can't wash your car outside your own house beacause it wastes water.

If you think about the irony in that, you cant use 50 litres of water once a week to wash your car but you can top your swimming pool up each day with 500 litres.