Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bank Guarantees: All That You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

barbara jago

Default Bank Guarantees in Spain: All That You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

dear sirs I bought off plan unaware that I needed bank guarrantee. I paid 350.000for the apatment and signed the escratura which was notorized. After three years the bank told me that they are putting the apt up for auction because the developer still owes them money, on the development. I have been told by lawyers there is nothing I can do unless I want to pay235.000 euros to the bank. This being the sum the developer owed including three years interest and expenses. The developer went into liquidation and millions of euros worth of assets were taken...why wasn't the bank entitled to take what he owed from that money. The developer now lives in Peru.I am 74 years of age and losing my apatment is devastating. But truly no one seems to care.

Dear Barbara,

To be in a position to give you more information on your particular case, we would need to see a copy of the escritura which you signed on the day. Would you be able to send me an e-mail with this information?
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Gillybobs

Default Bank Guarantees in Spain: All That You Ever Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

I wish the advice you give out here was meticulously adhered to when you were working with Andalucian Dream Homes. I never received an Interlaken 2003 SL Bank Guarantee and also the one I did receive for that site failed to include IVA.

Gilybobs

The Bank Guarantee that didn't include the IVA was for La Condesa de Mijas Golf. I am taking these matters further.