Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: European Mediation

Quote Originally Posted by Crabster View Post
    I was also concrned that being a law firm that they only communicated by mobile and e-mails that looked like had been writted by a 5 year old, with no headed paper.
    Dear Sir,

EML is not a law firm as you happen to write.

Regards,

An interesting article on Fortuna Land from The Sunday Times which mentions European Mediation Limited (EML) as well.

An excerpt:

Many had become aware of Fortuna’s problems only after they were contacted by European Mediation, a Rochdale-based company, which offered to recover their losses – provided they paid 10% of the amount they were owed as an upfront fee. It is not clear how many – if any – people have been able to retrieve their money using its services. European Mediation failed last week to respond to requests from The Sunday Times to comment.
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 01-21-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Unregistered

I am also a member of IAP and was just called by a Mr Adams from European Mediation, promising to get all my money back from a property purchased in OCHANDO GOLF MURCIA SPAIN, as the developer is in breach of contract for not completing on time. as with everyone else they mentioned the cost of 10% of what my total claim would be and a further 8% after they get ALL my money back.

I am in no doubt now that they are a scam but does anyone know of how I can get out of the contract with the developer and maybe claim some of my money back, so I can settle down and relax nowing I havnt got anymore I need to spend on a property that might not even get built.

Lawbird your views would be much appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regarding EML I refer you to post number 24 on this thread. We have nothing further to add.

Regarding you own matter please contact us and we will get in touch with you.

Cherryl

Cool European Mediation expands to purchasers in USA

Just before Christmas, I received a telephone call from Jordan Adams about our property in Grand Palisades Florida USA, still to be completed and bought through Instant Access. I asked all the usual questions about the source of my name, unsual to canvas for clients, no-win/no-fee, successes with other clients, solictors used, all that everybody else appears to have asked.

Mr. Adams gave me little time to ask questions and has pursued me ever since until today I emailed the company detailing what I expected before I would consider any 10% up front. I am looking forward to the reply!

During one call, a reply to my question referred me to a company called Glovistared from which Mr. Adams said they were an 'off-shoot' and, when I asked, said they had been in operation for eight years when, in fact they have been running for two years. Today, having found your site, I have emailed the company to ask about E.M.Ltd.
    The website is poorly constructed, as indicated by one of your writers, and none of the claims have any proof of legitimacy.

I only discovered your website by chance after still worrying about whether to act or not and sending the email to EM Ltd. I would like to thank you for highlighting this 'scam' and all those who have contributed their experiences as it has certainly helped me to decide DEFINITELY NOT!

If anybody knows of a bonafide company acting on behalf of purchasers in Grande Palisades USA, I should be very grateful to hear about it.

Peter C

Default European Mediation

I too have been contacted by European Mediation very much on the same terms as already detailed. Thanks to the information included in this blog I will not be pursuing this any further. In my case the scam involved buying shares through a company called Emerging Equity Group which has now ' disappeared'. I would be interested in knowing whether any other people were involved in this scam and whether there are any actions in progress to recover the funds invested

Unregistered

European Mediation Group = Complete and utter scam. I too was a member of Inside Track and Instant Access and was contacted by this "company" last week. Praying on the desperate! Don't believe a word they say!

Unregistered

Default European Mediation Limited

I too was contaced by the above so called company first on 22-1-09 that's when the bombshell fell of Fortunaland on me...! I guess I was a bit ignorant and had not kept up with the news! I am so grateful to have read this thread and now know that EM Ltd is a scam.

Many thanks to all and Lawbird.

Unregistered

Default European Mediation

I have been contacted recently out of the blue by these people. I was caught out in a scam a couple of years ago involving a company called Allied Champ Investments, where I stupidly lost quite a bit of money. EML have offered the service as described on their website whereby they would recover all my monies & catch up with the directors etc & get them punished for their crimes.

A "no win, no fee" approach might have tempted me, but the 10% up front is the killer. Never again will I get caught out sending monies in advance. Glad I looked at this website & the various threads, which have confirmed my suspicions that this is yet another scam.

Unregistered

Question EML

Dear All,

There is a EU Directive, namely the Investment Compensation Directive which is set up as a fund available to compensate investors in the EU against loss of investments by way of fraud or insolvency to a value not below 90%. Can Lawbird please confirm that this is accurate? I too invested and would participate in legal proceedings to regain any of the money back.