Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: European Mediation

Hybrid View

Default Any lingering doubts that this is a scam?

I posted yesterday, and today looked at the EM website. If you have any doubts that this is a total scam, please note the following.

For me personally, I would prefer my legal representatives, if they are competent, to at least check the spelling of words they would surely be familiar with........ (This taken directly from their home page)...

"European Mediation is a mediation company that liases between multiple clients and lawyers to persue compensation for fraud victims. We are not a brokerage house, no-one from European Mediation will offer to buy, trade or switch any investment you have.."

In case you didn't spot them, "liases" should be spelt "liaises" and "persue" should be "pursue", small points perhaps, but proof for me that these are legal representatives I would not want to work for me.

(Unless they go for no money up front and "no win, no fee")

Thumbs down European Mediation Company

There is no European Fund for victims of fraud.

The European Commission website shows that all member states must have a national scheme in place (ref. new EU legislation adopted 29 April 2004). If you read on you can find that this only applies to violent crime i.e. 'a physical attack on the person, a wounding or a sexual offence'.

The European Mediation co. are quoting 'section 706/14' on the European Commission civil justice section of the website. This refers you to the information and small print above.

Default I'm in no doubt this is a scam.

Amusingly Jessica Walker called me again yesterday and after having a polite go at her she threatened to shred my file if I didn’t take up their offer before Friday.

I hope it’s a big cross cutter!

Thanks all for saving my dosh.

Exclamation European Mediation

To All,

I too have been contacted by EML and am a member of IAP. I lost a significant amount due to property investment through Inside Track / Access thanks to Jim Moore and his cronies, but that is another story.

I was contacted by Samantha Charles 'senior advisor' from EML and gave her verbal details of the properties purchased through IAP. One was in Spain, but it was a different development to the ones mentioned before (Arenal Golf, Benalmadena). I also purchased two other properties in Leeds and Florida. However SAmantha phoned me within 24 hrs and said I was eligible for £120k compensation through the european courts, despite her not having seen not one piece of documentation, which made me more than a little suspicious. However I ran with it and she dropped her initial request from 10% up front to 5%. After several weeks she has said the EML 'lawyers' will accept any payment by credit card to 'start the process'

I had done a bit of research over the web, and had no intention of persuing this, then I found this blog, which has fully confirmed my suspicions. When I asked for details of EML and details of other clients cases where they had been successful they declined, although I didn't expect to to get any. I was also concrned that being a law firm that they only communicated by mobile and e-mails that looked like had been writted by a 5 year old, with no headed paper.

Obvoiusly I am in a similar position to other IAP Members who have lost money and do not wish to throw more good money after bad, but should ther not be a legal process which can expose scams and fraudsters like these operating in the open market??

Quote Originally Posted by Crabster View Post
    I was also concrned that being a law firm that they only communicated by mobile and e-mails that looked like had been writted by a 5 year old, with no headed paper.
    Dear Sir,

EML is not a law firm as you happen to write.

Regards,

An interesting article on Fortuna Land from The Sunday Times which mentions European Mediation Limited (EML) as well.

An excerpt:

Many had become aware of Fortuna’s problems only after they were contacted by European Mediation, a Rochdale-based company, which offered to recover their losses – provided they paid 10% of the amount they were owed as an upfront fee. It is not clear how many – if any – people have been able to retrieve their money using its services. European Mediation failed last week to respond to requests from The Sunday Times to comment.
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 01-21-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Unregistered

I am also a member of IAP and was just called by a Mr Adams from European Mediation, promising to get all my money back from a property purchased in OCHANDO GOLF MURCIA SPAIN, as the developer is in breach of contract for not completing on time. as with everyone else they mentioned the cost of 10% of what my total claim would be and a further 8% after they get ALL my money back.

I am in no doubt now that they are a scam but does anyone know of how I can get out of the contract with the developer and maybe claim some of my money back, so I can settle down and relax nowing I havnt got anymore I need to spend on a property that might not even get built.

Lawbird your views would be much appreciated.