Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Beach Massage

Kirsty Anne

Default Beach Massage

I am looking in to opening a small massage business on the beach in Spain. I understand i need a licence from the local town hall? do i need to go there my self or can it be done over the phone as i am currently studying in england. how long does the process of the licence take? are there any other permits or licences apart from insurance that i need or will th town hall sort all that out?

does the business name need to be registered?

is spanish essential, i am learning however i do not feel confident enough to make the phone call!

thanks for your help

kirsty

Dear Madam,

You will have to come over personally and request it from the Town Hall.

You will need a physical premise to set it up.

Spanish is only essential in that you will need it to communicate with the town hall civil servants unless you instruct someone to act on your behalf.

Yours faithfully,

Unregistered

Default beach massage

thank you for the reply.

could you please explain what a physical premise is?

How long do you think it would take for the lisence to be authorised?

thanks again.

kirsty

By "physsical premise" I mean a spot on the beach in which to execersise the activity i.e. for example in Marbella its for 120m2 I believe. Masseurs set up a tent ibiza-style.

The licence shouldn't take long. It varies from one Town Hall to another.

Regards,

unregistered

Kirsty
    was wondering if you pursued your business idea back then..? If so, would be happy to hear from you!
    Here my mail: peter1553@hotmail.com

cheers, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty Anne View Post
    I am looking in to opening a small massage business on the beach in Spain. I understand i need a licence from the local town hall? do i need to go there my self or can it be done over the phone as i am currently studying in england. how long does the process of the licence take? are there any other permits or licences apart from insurance that i need or will th town hall sort all that out?

does the business name need to be registered?

is spanish essential, i am learning however i do not feel confident enough to make the phone call!

thanks for your help

kirsty

I would be happy to know how your business is nowadays if you indeed pursue it. Operating a beach massage sounds like a good idea. Many people visit the beach near our area so there's a chance there would be people who want to receive massage services at an affordable rate.