Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: spanish tax query

gmcd

Default spanish tax query

if i move my family to spain and rent or buy a property am i going to be taxed on income from working overseas in various countries of which none are in the eu , i will be out of spain probably more than 200 days per year .

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you spend more than 183 days a year in Spain you will be held liable for all your worlwide income.

In your case if you are able to successfully prove, and you will be required to do so, that you are out of this country for more than 200 days you will not be regarded as fiscal resident and therefore will not pay for your income generated abroad.

Unregistered

Default Similar Situation

Quote Originally Posted by Lawbird Lawyer View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,

If you spend more than 183 days a year in Spain you will be held liable for all your worlwide income.

In your case if you are able to successfully prove, and you will be required to do so, that you are out of this country for more than 200 days you will not be regarded as fiscal resident and therefore will not pay for your income generated abroad.
    Hello, I find myself in a similar situation, however only in the sense that I plan to rent a property in Spain, but not live in it the entire year: my question is, how do you prove you have not been in Spain more than 183 in the year, and will, I be required to file a tax form?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Ray.

Hello Ray

You can prove you are non resident for Tax purposes by means of a non resident certificate the Tax office issues at your request, once you have filed taxes. This means that you first file a Tax declaration and then ask the Tax office to issue the certificate so they canĀ“t claim any Tax payment, as you are not a Spanish resident.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia, I have similar question so I don't want to start new thread. I am a Swedish guy working as a freelancer for US company and I want to move in to Barcelona for at least a year (My girlfriend's gonna study there and I want to join her so I will have to rent an apartment there and I will be moving there by the end of this month. Does it mean that I will have to pay taxes in Sweden and in Spain? Thanks

Is it the same if you have an online business and work in many different countries although you spend 183 days per year in Spain?