Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain

cherie

Default Comunidad de Propietarios: Avoid Problems with Your Neighbours in Spain

we live on a urbanisation with communal pool. There is a resident who has time slot two mornings a week for 1 hour for Arerobics, and will not change their time slot for others swimming in the pool, claiming it has been this way for 7 years. Overpowering to say the least can this be changed.

Tanya

We have a community administrator that has no regard to health and safety. Alsatian dogs running around unleashed, pool fences unharmed or locked and she doesn’t respond to emails. How do I make a complaint against a community administrator?

Tanya

Sorry pool fence is not gated or locked*

Etelford55@gmail.com

Hi, my next door neighbour and myself extended our front porch by 1.2mts.
    We gave administrators and president the plans at least 4 months in advance. Our president had informed wrongly that it is major building works even although the permit from the town councils states small building works. She is using proxy votes to take us to court despite the fact she has no problem with what we have done, she said legal action is because we didn't get permission. We had no chance of permission because she has continually emailed owners influencing them against us. She also used proxy votes to re-elect herself as president. This will be her 9th year. Is there anything we can do. She also held the AGM in the middle of the pandemic and the administrators stated at the start of the meeting on 19 April 2021, if the police came the community would be sanctioned. Can we have the meeting declared illegal and all decisions made null and void?
    Kind regards

Iwes

We have a neighbour (perhaps renting out to air bib) on the very top floor of our building, we are two floors lower, that often has parties and plays loud muic until 4AM. In addition, the elevator is contacntly going from guests arriving and departing and it makes sleeping impossible. Can you tell me what the "normal hours" are to have noise in your apartment (we don't want to be bad neighbours but DO want our sleep) and how to make a kind complaint? (I've gone up once at 4AM and the person who opened the door said "No problem, and lowered the music, this was about 7 weeks ago, since then I see NEW people there!) Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Peter Smith

What happens if there is no Community Of Owners anymore? They have a CIF and a registered address but no-one acting as President or Administrator . No comunidad being collected , no water bills paid , no AGMS/EGMs , no accounts , no entries the Red Book at a local notary office. What happens then?

Chrissie james

I live on a complex in Fuerteventura, we have a communidad who looks after the money etc and each complex have President, and mayb a Vice President, I have the misfortune to live 3 bungalows away from mine, I fell out with his partner, so he fell out with me, on the complex we have electric cupboards and water meter cupboards, both separate, the water company read the meters monthly as do the electric, so nothing to do with the President, a few months back the President padlocked the water meter cupboard probably because I was checking my meter usage daily as one day I used 600 units in less than 3 hours, while I was out and nothing ie washing machine was on, after about 3 weeks, numerous emails to the communidad back and forth he took it off, well it’s happened again, more or less the same senario only this time he has blamed a person from the water company for putting the padlock on after doing work in there, he has been asked to remove the padlock and has apparently “agreed’ to do this, he has the keys for the locks but has apparently mislaid them, I have been told by a reasonably reliable source that is actually illegal for anyone to lock the cupboard by any means as residents need access to it in case of emergencies and the water needs to be cut off, it has also stopped my meter being read and have been delivered a estimated bill which was the same as last months, of course I realise that this is a personal act because we do not like each other, I live on my own and consider this also to be bullying, please can you advise me as to what steps I can take to get this sorted and not being able to happen again, thank you

FCJ

Are you still in business as no replies since October 2020

Bernard

The community have put up a large semi permanent parasol about two meters away from my apartment and in front of it can they do this when there is plenty of space on the grossed area to put away from all the apartments

Bernard

The community have put up a large semi permanent parasol about two meters away from my apartment and in front of it can they do this when there is plenty of space on the grossed area to put away from all the apartments