Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the company Resale Strategy legitimate?

Brian

Default Is the company Resale Strategy legitimate?

I have recently been contacted by a company called Resale Strategy who are keen to buy resales for their clients. The website resalestrategy.com seems reputable and the charges reasonable but I'm aware of various scams. Are they fraudulent or otherwise? Regards

We have never heard of this company, and therefore cannot provide a straight answer on whether it is legitimate or not.

We have gathered a few hints in the blog post titled 9 Tips on How to Determine if an Offer is a Scam which will let you to make your own assessment.

The domain name was registered only a few weeks ago, but it doesn't necessarily mean the company is not legitimate.

Unregistered

Brian,

They have just contacted me. From their website I cannot see where they are registered, or any business registration number.

It also states that the contract is sent via courier and signing for the parcel constitues signing the contract and the only way to cancel the contract is by downloading their form within 14 days. I can't see any downloadable forms on their website so it has made me question their validity.

I have e-mailed them asking for some basic information about the business, its directors, juristiction etc. but am not expecting full disclosure.

I did a quick search on the UK Companies House website as they mention UK data protection but cannot find resalestrategy listed

Did you follow up with them?

Paul

Paul

Brian,

I have found a company called Resale Strategy registered in Coventry in the UK on the 26th Sept this year. There is no other information though on Companies House website.

Paul

Interestingly they completely lost interest in me - i asked for basic company info, number of properties sold this year etc. They just kept on sending a standard contract and failed ot getany answers.

As usual if it smells funny it usually is - so my advice would be to avoid. Remember they were after £500 up front as a marketing fee.

They had the flat independently valued but kept asking me what i thought it was worth. In the end the price was completely miles above what i woudl ahve epxected in a reasonable market let alone the depressed market we are currently in - probably because they wanted me to jump at the potential profit.

Oh well - if its not sales agents at the moment its new accomdation rental companies who claim to have the best sites and most rentals - all of course a load of baloney.

Unregistered

Exclamation Janette

I have also been contacted by them. They firstly asked permission to market my apartment but did not ask for any of the paperwork that a normal estate agent would. 2 days later they had 'found a buyer' from Eastern Europe. They then said I needed to sign the contract and pay the fee.
    I asked for the contract to be sent by email for a look over and there was very little info on it. No company registration details, no address, no contact details. Same on their website.
    The telephone number they have given me is a Skype phone.
    A man called from Resale Strategy to see if I was going ahead. When I raised my concerns he ended the call abruptly saying there were plenty of other people looking to sell if I didn't want to.
    They also wouldn't answer my question as to how they obtained my contact telephone numbers. They said they were just given a list to make calls. I suspect they are trawling rental websites as thry have the pictures of my apartment from there on the paperwork they sent me.

Unregistered

Default I sold my property through Resale Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have recently been contacted by a company called Resale Strategy who are keen to buy resales for their clients. The website www.resalestrategy.com seems reputable and the charges reasonable but I'm aware of various scams. Are they fraudulent or otherwise? Regards
    I sold my property with resale strategy 2 months ago, they acting very profesional and kept ther side of the contract. I hope you all the success I had. David S

Unregistered

Default Questions????

Hi David,
    I have a few q's you may be able to help with the answers?
    Who did you speak to and at which office? I have called them and was told some-one would return my call and 3 days later I still have had no call.
    How many viewings did it take to sell the property?
    Did you receive full market value or did they value the property?
    How were the viewings arranged, as in who held the keys?
    Did the viewers stay in your property?
    What was the time between parting with your £500, getting the viewers and selling your property as this company was only established in september?
    I would be obliged if you could reply as soon as possible as I am looking to sell and would appreciate a reputable company to market my property.
    kind regards

Unregistered

Default resale strategy

I have also been contacted by them. They say they got my name from a database that they bought. They were very vague about the company when i said it was very new and their claims were amazing in the current climate. ie selling 15 houses a month and being able to get 4 viewers and a guaranteed sale within 12 months.

They have phoned about 3 times and have kept asking if i have a website !! I have not been asked for any money but they have told me that there is no fee as the buyer pays a "finders" fee.

The funny thing is I looked them up on whois (website registration) and found they have only recently registered the website. The hoster is joker com who i understand is a breeding ground for scammers. Also when i looked earlier this week the registrants address was alicante and today it is malaga ! There was a change today to the details.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has actually successfully used them.

Unregistered

eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPostsDesc.aspx?thread=5867&dev=FB11&name=Gene ral%20chit%20chat