Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissolution of Joint Property Ownership in Spain

There's no reason to worry, from your post above it just wasn't clear that it was held under joint names, that's all.

If both of your names are in the Title deed you will have no problem following a dissolution of joint property ownership as per the article the starts off this thread.

Contact us if we can assit you in this legal service as you will need to hire a lawyer to do it.

Regards,

helga

Default Dissolution of Joint Property Ownership in Spain

hi i have a property in spain in my sole name i want to sign it over as part divorce settlement at what cost and how to do this

Cecelia

Hi. My husband and I were given a house in spain his father for a present. I do not know if the title was put in both our names, or only his. We have since divorced and he has told the courts that he has never owned property in Spain. Is there a way I can do a search to see if any properties are or were owned by my ex-husband if I do not have the address of the property? Is this possible to find out? Thanks!

Dear Cecilia,

Yes it's possible to find out.

All you need to do is hire a Land Registry Search through us. It normally takes less than 24 hours.

Contact us to hire it.

Yours faithfully,

Cecilia

Can you als do a search on what property someone used to own but has sold? I have the date range in which the property would have been owned. Can this be done too? What information do you need on the owner? Full Name and Date of Birth only? I have the region in Spain as wel if that helps the limit the search.

paul

Hi, my mum recently past away leaving a house in Spain.
    The house was bought initially by my mum, dad and sister who's names appear on the deeds, my mother has left the her share of the house to dad.
    My dad has been told he has to pay 3000e to change the deeds but no information of why has been given. The value of the house is around 130K e .
    could you please advise me?

Regards

Dear Cecilia,

No, it can not be done.

You would have to go personally and request it from the land regisrty.

Dear Paul,

Your case relates to a transfer of estate to heirs not to a dissolution of joint property ownership.

Please read the following articles:

Estate Transfer to Heirs

Spanish Inheritance Tax: Advantages of Making a Will in Spain - 3rd of September 2009

I take the opportunity to offer you our legal service on Estate Transfer to Heirs:

Estate Transfer to Heirs

This service is intended for those who are inheriting the Spanish assets of a deceased person, whether as the legal heir to an estate or by means of a will.

The Estate transfer to heirs service includes:

• Requesting of copies of the Death Certificate, in the event that the death took place in Spain.
    • Requesting of a Will Certificate information and location from the Central Registry of Wills in Madrid.
    • Obtaining of the Will from the Notary Public where it was signed / Estate Heirs Statement (in those cases where there is no will)
    • Inheritance Acceptance
    • Partition of the inheritance according to what the will states, or, where there is now will, to the desires of the inheritors .
    • Inscription at the Land Registry of the new owners of the Estate inherited.
    • Arrangement of payment of the applicable Inheritance Tax.
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 09-18-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Gerry

My wife and I bought a property in Spain in 2005 and my wifes mother and step-father moved into the house as permanent residents (we both remain non-residents). Just prior to signing the contract we were advised to add my father-in-laws name to the title deeds on the basis that this would enable him to receive health care, open a bank account etc. Last year my mother-in-law passed away and my father-in-law has now returned to live permanently again in the UK. My wife and I are now considering ways to have my father-in-laws name removed from the title deeds (he is fully agreeable to this). What would be the best way to do this - would we incurr 1% Stamp Duty or 7% Transfer Tax?

Dear Gerry,

You would incur in the 1% Stamp Duty on the whole value of the property as per my article, yes.

Please contact us if you are interested in hiring this legal service through us:

Dissolution of Joint Property Ownership

Yours faithfully,