Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish nationality of a child born in Spain to Indian parents

FrankFens

Default Baby Born in Spain,

Dear Forum users,

Me myself am a Dutch 21 year man, living in Spain, within other people there house.
    I moved to spain one year ago, and met a beautifull girl here of 19 years of age,
    After moving in with eachother, she turned out to be pregnant, and sorting out a abortion didn't seem so easy in Spain.
    Now were are almost trough the pregnancy, but seriously we have not been able to settle anything.
    She herself is a british citizen, and she is not here longer then ten years so she doesnt have the right on a spanish nationality..

The baby (Girl BTW) Is going to be due in August, and we don't know anything to sort out right now,
    Weve lost our old house together, and are basiclly living on the streets at this point, Although we managed to move in with a aqquintance of my Girlfriend, he is already 70 years by age, and cannot have US with a baby living with him obviously.
    My pure question is: what are the social benefits (if there are in our case) We should be able to sort out?
    And i do not have my N I E sorted out yet, so basiclly that would mean i wouldnt be able to register the baby,
    Also with is a problem, that we do both have padrons , but no SIP...
    In Holland where i come from ( but not can go back to) There are options of for example salvation army, or other instantions that are willing to help in these kind of situations...

I am willing to do anything to just sustain a stable, loving home for the baby AND mum,
    But right now i feel pushed with my back against the wall,,
    Weve been to ayuntamiento, weve visited www.Mjustica.es, we've spoken to advisors, policeman, translators, and and even some justice advisors,... But yet no one said they could help us one step further... Why?

I do not have a Job, i live on a income that still comes from holland,
    BUT i will not be able to FIND myself a Job WITHOUT an N.I.E...
    And to sort myself out with a house, i need a job contract to show i am able to pay for the bills..

Can someone please advice me, or tell me what me and my girlfriend should do...

Were from provence Alicante - Catral, and so it's their justice system we have to go alongside with..

upfront i want to thank the people who at least took the effort to think along with our'e problems..

So HErebye, Thankyou from the bottoms of our'e hearts...

Frank&Emma

Unregistered

Hi m Rajwant kaur, I have Born a child in Spain , I have 5 yrs residence card n my husband have 2 years residence card ,, I have born a Baby boy before 25 days,,, may I apply his nationality of Spain ?

Dear Ms Kaur

Your baby will be eligible for the Spanish Nationality after one year holding a residence status.

Click here for more information.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Hello

My child will be born here in Spain - I am British, and my husband is Italian. We both are registered here.

Does this mean that after 1 year my child will be able to apply for a Spanish passport? If we apply for a British passport just after the birth, will this mean she will need to renounce it in order to get a Spanish passport when she is 1 year old?

Thanks!