Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Tarjeta de residencia through marriage: Are the documents from the Consulado enough?

  1. #11



    You do not need to register your marriage in a Spanish Civil Registry for you to be able to apply for a residence permit. As long as it is correctly legalized you can use it in Spain.

    Marriages celebrated abroad can only be registered in a Spanish civil registry if one of the spouses is Spanish.

    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

  2. #12

    Default Not older than 3 months?

    Hey guys,

    I'm in a similar situation. My biggest worry is what appears in bold:


    "certificado literal de matrimonio expedido por el Registro Civil espanol, con una antiguedad no superior a tres meses"

    (translation: literal certificate of marriage issued by the Spanish Registro Civil, not older than 3 months)


    Does this mean that you have to register your marriage no more than 3 months before your residence card appointment? Or if 3 months pass since registering the marriage, can we request them to reissue the certificate of marriage so that it has a more recent date on it?

    Thanks for your help,

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts