Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationality Oath ceremony appointment!

Default Nationality Oath ceremony appointment!

Hello Patricia
    Last week I received a letter from interior ministry of Spain, Madrid that they granted Spanish nationality. It has been long period in waiting and finally a good news. ;-)
    Now I would like to know - what should I do next:
    - Should I call or visit civil registry to book an appointment for Oath ceremony. How difficult is that, I mean Spanish they speak. My Spanish is still not good, although I can understand.
    - Secondly, do I have to take another Spanish test. During the nationality application I already wrote Spanish test ( it was about Spanish culture and system)
    - How long do I have to wait to get Oath ceremony appointment and how long will it complete all process?

I really would appreciate your quick reply. Wish you wonderful weekend!!

Hello Patrica
    Would you please reply my query.
    Today we called civil registration office to book an appointment, however they replied its not possible. They said they are phoning applicants in an order to offer appointment and they can not say when I will get appointment.
    However, my Spanish nationality granted letter says its only valid for 180 days.
    What should I do?

Hello dkg

The Spanish nationality application process is still a very lengthy and tiring process in Spain, so if the Civil Registry officer tells you that they are calling applicants in appointment order, you have to trust them and disregard whatever the letter your received from the Ministry says, as that is a standard text that does not reflect the real and current administrative situation of the nationality application process.

Once the Nationality has been granted, there are no further tests to be taken. It is quite unclear when you will be appointed for the Oath Ceremony. Needless to say that time frame can vary a lot among the different provinces in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Many thanks for clarifying my queries, really appreciate your services.

I hold Indian passport. During Spanish nationality oath ceremony do I have to show my Indian passport renounce document or they need renounce document after the oath?.
    Do they need any further documents during/ after oath?

Hello Patricia
    Please kindly answer my doubt regarding renounce passport.
    Many thanks in advance

Hello dkg,

You only need to take with you the residence card; your passport is not required on that day. The Civil Registry will let you know in case you need to take anything else.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia
    Finally I got appointment letter from civil registration in 2 weeks. My Spanish language level is poor.. in swearing do i say " si" to all questions?.
    It says "swear or promise" - what is the difference?
    I also have to fill up a form, what form is that - is that difficult to fill considering my poor Spanish skills?
    Pls answer..
    Special thanks and best regards

Hi Patricia
    Please kindly reply. Sorry for being so needy.

Hello dkg

I canĀ“t advice you to answer yes to all questions as I do not know what are all the questions they will ask you. Swear and promise have very similar meanings, and it basically refers to your promise to pledge allegiance to the Spanish Crown and State and accept you duties and rights as a Spanish citizen.

I believe they have handed you a form to be filled out with your personal details, similar to a birth inscription, so you indicate your full given names, birth details, parentsĀ“details, even including your parents marriage details.

If you wish to discuss more details, please feel free to contact us by email.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile