Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Status after the divorce

Mohit

Default Status after the divorce

Dear Lawyer,

My name is Mohit. I am from India. I came to Spain around 2 years ago. Here I got married with a Romanian girl last year. After few months of marriage, she said she does not want to live with me, and she divorced me. The process will be finalized soon. I was illegal in SPain, but after I got married, I got Regimen Communtario. Now, this regimen will be cancelled because of the divorce. I want to know what would happen to my status? Will my regimen commantario valid ? Or can I shift to Regimen General? I have heard that it is not possible to change the regimen to General if the marriage lasts for less than 3 years. Please note that I have a job for the last 3 months. Because of the job, is it possible to get some other type of legal status?

I really need your advice because I am much stressed.

I hope to hear from you,
    Regards,
    Mohit.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
    Dear Lawyer,

My name is Mohit. I am from India. I came to Spain around 2 years ago. Here I got married with a Romanian girl last year. After few months of marriage, she said she does not want to live with me, and she divorced me. The process will be finalized soon. I was illegal in SPain, but after I got married, I got Regimen Communtario. Now, this regimen will be cancelled because of the divorce. I want to know what would happen to my status? Will my regimen commantario valid ? Or can I shift to Regimen General? I have heard that it is not possible to change the regimen to General if the marriage lasts for less than 3 years. Please note that I have a job for the last 3 months. Because of the job, is it possible to get some other type of legal status?

I really need your advice because I am much stressed.

I hope to hear from you,
    Regards,
    Mohit.
    you do not worry not to receive any letter by court. make it lenghty min.1year. after one year if divorce finalize on one way basis u can get residency general of 2 years but i again repeat you have to spend 1 year with residency regimen comunitario.
    so you donot contact with her not to give responce if your case is in court. for one way divorce minimum time reqiured 2 years. so you cutoff yourself be case by her also only spend time.

2 years before i also faced same case but my wife was portugees.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you do not worry not to receive any letter by court. make it lenghty min.1year. after one year if divorce finalize on one way basis u can get residency general of 2 years but i again repeat you have to spend 1 year with residency regimen comunitario.
    so you donot contact with her not to give responce if your case is in court. for one way divorce minimum time reqiured 2 years. so you cutoff yourself be case by her also only spend time.

2 years before i also faced same case but my wife was portugees.
    thanks dear!