Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: EU/EEA Family Member visa for Non EU/EEA dependents

Default EU/EEA Family Member visa for Non EU/EEA dependents

dear Sir/Mam,

i am british national living in spain but i born in pakistan. i have family (siblings etc) in pakistan. now i want to know am i able to apply visa for them as EU family member? if i can then how can i do so and what are requirements for that if my siblings are over 21 years. and how long it would take?

my second question: my brother is living with me in spain as a student, he got 1 years study visa. so as he is living in spain am i able to apply EU Family visa for him?

i will really appreciate your kind guidance against my request.

Quote Originally Posted by saqib_raja89 View Post
    dear Sir/Mam,

i am british national living in spain but i born in pakistan. i have family (siblings etc) in pakistan. now i want to know am i able to apply visa for them as EU family member? if i can then how can i do so and what are requirements for that if my siblings are over 21 years. and how long it would take?

my second question: my brother is living with me in spain as a student, he got 1 years study visa. so as he is living in spain am i able to apply EU Family visa for him?

i will really appreciate your kind guidance against my request.
    Hello saqib_raja89

The card you mention can only be aplied for by: spouses or registered partners, children and parents of the UE citizen. Siblings can only apply in exceptional cases where they are disabled, or suffer from a severe illness and are unatteded in their home countries and you are the only one who can cater for them. You can check this information here.

Your brother living with you will have to apply for a residence card once he has finished his studies, as an independent resident once he has bee offered a work contract; in the meantime he will have to renew the student visas every year for each academic year. More information, read here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile