Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: can i apply my resicence card

Default can i apply my resicence card

hello patricia.
    I am from Pakistan my girlfriend from Ecuador she have got italian unlimited residence card and i am living in spain since 4 four years but illegally. we are going to got a baby in spain. so can i apply for residence card? i yes then when? we are not registered as married couple!!!currently we are living PaÃ*s vasco
    Last edited by madar; 05-08-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Hello Madar,

If your girlfriend is a long term Italian resident, she can apply for a long stay residence card in Spain. The information on how to go about it can be read here. Her application should be resolved within 45 days.

Once she is a resident, she can grant her right to reside to her relatives by means of family reunion, but as you are not her relative yet, you would need to register as registered partners or get married. Her child will get the same residence status as her when he/she is born. She will have to apply for his residence card as child born in Spain to a legal resident.

If you do not appear as registered partners or married couple, there would be an option for you to apply for family settlement, in the event the baby acquired the Spanish Nationality.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

driss elomari

Default want to have a lower in spain

Hola my name is driss elomari from western sahara i lhave lebro falulia from spain want to know all the details to have the nationaliy spagnol . Thx

Sorry to say madar, but you'll have to tie the knot of some sort to get your situation resolved. You must make your relationship official.

Quote Originally Posted by driss elomari View Post
    Hola my name is driss elomari from western sahara i lhave lebro falulia from spain want to know all the details to have the nationaliy spagnol . Thx
    Hello Driss,

Please explain what is your situation so we can give you some information about routes to Spanish Nationality, as the information is ample.

You mention you have Libro de Familia from Spain and I understand you have got children born in Spain, though please be aware that the fact of them being born in Spain does not lead immediately to Spanish Nationality, it will depend on their parents´ Nationality. Then, after one year living in Spain, they will be eligible for the Spanish Nationality as being born in Spain.

As a general rule, every foreigner is eligible for the Spanish Nationality after 10 years of legal residency in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile