Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Married to Spanish:already hv temp work resident permit,can I get permanent resident?

Hybrid View

Hi Joseph & Patricia
    thanks for your reply.

Still searching for the answer to my question above, will copy-paste here in italics.. if anyone can give the right advise, will appreciate it.

This card of relative of an EU citizen valid for 5 years that you mention - are there any benefits of this card over my current card or current status (which as I wrote above is work & residence card with a NIE valid for 2 more year, after which I will need to extend it again). I am just trying to see if this EU card of a relative - will give me any benefits over my current status? And can I have both the cards at the same time - my current NIE of work & residence and EU card of a relative?

By the way, I have asked for cita for nacionalidad.. they gave me for near the end of 2016, which was quite a surpirse.. is there a way to shorten the process, since I have already lived legally in Spain for 2 years?

best regards
    SDU
    Last edited by SDU; 12-23-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Hello SDU,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get an earlier Nationality appointment, as it depends on the work load at the particular Civil Registry. If it is Madrid or Barcelona, those are the busiest, I believe.

Regarding the advantages of the Card as a relative of an EU national and the Regimen General once, the basic advantage is that its validity is more ample, the requirements are more straightforward and that the ruling is based on EU rules rather than for general Immigration rules, and this means that if you intend to settle in another EU country, the requirements and the path will be different, and generally speaking easier, as relatives of EU citizens have free right of move within Schengen area and EU member States, with a different access to work and residence authorizations, though you still need to check the specific requirements of every country, as it varies.

I hope this answer has been helpful.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile