Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Legal Advice Counsel

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    LAC are the subject of various claims for unpaid bills and the Police are no doubt aware of the possibility of fraud and associated activities.
    The web site - which they have not yet paid for - will be closed very soon - the web site has contained a notice stating this for several months.
    A facility was offered on the web site which would provide the latest contact details for the persons responsible for LAC and their various activities.
    Anxious clients have been provided with information by private email.

The web site and all emails traffic is archived and would be available for use in any official investigation but any request would have to be legally supported.

The business was probably not set up as a scam but the inexperience of the team managing the firm was over whelmed by the high level of response from clients and a complete lack of internal organisation.

There are probably hundreds of disappointed clients out there and their funds are probably lost forever or residing in Jyske Bank Gibraltar.
    Dear Sir or Madam,

The names they were giving out over the phone weren't even their own real names. The same is true of many of these ongoing cold-call telephone scams. These people are not daft.

The bank accounts that were set-up to receive the client's funds were located in tax havens outside Spain's legal reach.

They had set-up two "law firms" (Legal Advice Counsel and European Legal Solutions) within the same city (Marbella) with no addresses, telephone numbers, faxes, solicitor's names etc. Only an internet form to contact them filling in your personal contact details.

Is that also as you coin it due to the "inexperience of the team managing the firm"?

I would think that type of behaviour falls under a different name. Maybe my level of English is limited and you can stand me corrected on my poor choice of words.
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 04-28-2010 at 10:58 AM.