Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Problems with neighbours

Default Problems with neighbours

I live in a fairly small village in Andalucia, in the main plaza. The house next to mine has been vacant for many years. It has a large orchard which is unused and borders my garden and property.

Recently, two men have been arriving at 7am each morning, entering the property and making a huge amount of noise (power tools, chainsaws) in the garden. They have also been parking unlawfully right outside my house on a clearly marked no parking zone.

These men appear to be local farmers and I do not believe they own the property. I have asked them verbally and in writing for the name, address and contact details of the owner of the property, but they have refused all requests.

The noise wakes me up at 7am every morning (sometimes including Saturdays and Sundays). I have told them that, if they have permission, I have no problem with them working there after 9am on weekdays during normal working hours. But that it is not acceptable for them to cause such noise every day from 7am. They ignore all requests and continue, making even more noise.

I have told them that I will call the Guardia Civil and make a denuncia, but they do not seem to care.

I am guessing now that my best bet in order to return to a peaceful life is to hire a local abogado to make the denuncia on my behalf, but without knowing the names of the true owners of the property or the names of those making the noise, how should I proceed?

Many thanks
    Magoo

I would really call the Guardia Civil and let the proper authorities deal with these men, if I were you. I think you already did everything you could do to make your pleas be heard. These men won't change unless they are dealt accordingly through the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by roxanwright View Post
    I would really call the Guardia Civil and let the proper authorities deal with these men, if I were you. I think you already did everything you could do to make your pleas be heard. These men won't change unless they are dealt accordingly through the authorities.
    I think that this is the ideal advice in this case that may help you solve a problem without getting problems related to laws.