Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: What can I do if I'm being refused the refund of a van rental deposit?

Unregistered

Angry What can I do if I'm being refused the refund of a van rental deposit?

Hello, I hope you can help with my question, I don't know where else to turn.
    In January this year I hired a van with "one way van hire" based in Torre del Mar and paid 350euro deposit via a debit card attached to my then Spanish bank account, I asked for my refund to be put back into an English bank as i was closing the Spanish one. I then sent then bank details via email and received a reply to confirm that they had the details and would refund into that bank, after numerous phone calls to make sure they were going to put the money into the right place and then to ask where it was, I had an abrupt email saying "the deposit was refunded back onto the card, if you have any problems take it up with the bank".
    I have tried and tried to get the owner/manager to own up to his mistake and give me my money but he is so rude and arrogant and just won't help.
    Can anyone please give me advice on how to retrieve the money from these people??
    Thank you in advance. Stephen Lister

Unregistered

Default ????

Anybody...Please???