Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Court order to pay unpaid invoices to builder desperate legal advice needed!

Unregistered

Default Court order to pay unpaid invoices to builder desperate legal advice needed!

Hi, I have a rural finca near to Vera, Almeria. I employed a builder to help with renovation and was in a nutshell, screwed over by him. He did not complete to the architects design, did not complete the job to a decent standard, did not pay the subcontracted electrician ect etc I could go on. Countless court cases land six years later, a judge has found in the builder's favour (slightly) resulting in me having to pay outstanding €27000 plus costs and interest. Since this has been going on, I have had t return to England as all my savings have run dry, I could not find work in Spain, the house was without electricity (having not paid the electrician I got no bolletÃ*n). I am living in England on benefits (caring for my elderly mother). The house and accompanying land are the only asset I have left, and given the Soddy build of the property and lack of electricty, I think it would be worth in the region of €60000 (based on online research). I paid almost €175000 for it. I desperately do not want to have my house taken from me, it is going to be the only thing I can pass down to my daughter. I am not going to contest the ruling further, as a solicitor has told me he will need €2800 to even initiate an appeal, a sum I simply do not have. Wat I am hoping is that I can come up with a payment plan, a token gesture of, say £10-£20 a week --- I'm living off £70 a week Carer's allowance currently. I am of the option that if I am seen to offer something, the house will be safe, it must be better than me refusing to pay outright? My limited knowledge of spanish indicated that me and my husband are both liable for the bill, since we have now separated (he is still in Spain liing in a different property) I would ideally like him to pay his half. Does anyone have any advice, how can I protect my house? How can I get a repayment plan in place? How can I do this from England? I am absolutely desparate. Thak you for any advice you can offer.

Hello,

For us to give you specific advice, we would need to know if the dwelling is registered in your name and if the courts sentence was against both you and your husband. Also, it would conveneint to know if the property is mortgaged and if so, the mortgage amount.

If you wish, you can contact me by email and continue discussing the case.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile