Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Citizenship with Puerto Rican Parents and Grandparents??

Hybrid View

Hello Anna

You will only be entitled to request Spanish citizenship after two years of legal residency in Spain, if you previously hold nationality from a Latin American country. Either PUerto Rico or Dominican Republic. Also note that dual nationality between the US and Spain is not allowed.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Post Dual Citizenship

Unregistered

Default Spouse of Puerto Rican seeking Spanish citizenship

I was curious if anyone has information on the process of gaining Spanish Citizenship being married to a Puerto Rican seeking Spanish citizenship?

Unregistered

Default To be a bit more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was curious if anyone has information on the process of gaining Spanish Citizenship being married to a Puerto Rican seeking Spanish citizenship?
    My wife was born in Puerto Rico. We now live in the continentalUnited States. She is seeking Spanish citizenship, but we are not sure and cannot find any information on how this process works for me as her spouse.

Unregistered

Default Born in Puerto Rico-can I get a dual citizenship to Spain?

If I was born in Puerto Rico , can I get a dual citizenship to Spain?

Hello

In the event you have a Latin American nationality, you can access dual citizenship after two years´ residency in Spain ( holding a residence permit).

You indicate you were born in Puerto Rico, but not whether that´s your nationality. It is essential to clarify that fact.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Jousue

Post Puerto Rican Citizenship info and other

I been doing research on this matter cause I would like to live in Spain. I was Born in Puerto Rico and currently reside in Mass, USA. The Puerto Rican citizenship certificate is what you will need you have to apply thru the Department of state of PR.
    you will need the following:
    https://www.estado.pr.gov/en/certifi...g-regulations/
    FORM: http://app.estado.gobierno.pr/formularios/CPR001.pdf (cant find it just google it "Puerto Rico CPR001" or "departamento de estado Cpr001").
    Spain actually sees it as a legit document.

Also call consulate and ask for more information.