Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Exclamation

I live in Sweden and have received a letter with the same message. Ignore the letter!

Unregistered

Default Gomez Abogados is a scam letter

I have received a letter in the mail from a Gomez Abogados saying my next of kin died and left 8.4 millions dollars in a Spanish vault. Even if I am not next of kin, we share the same surname so we can split it 50/50. He claims to be from Spain but is on a job seminar in Austria. He will send me the paperwork if I agree. Well how stupid does he think I am.

Nice try but this is definitely a scam. Please be aware of this name GOMEZ ABOGADOS...

Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;12077]I have received a letter in the mail from a Gomez Abogados saying my next of kin died and left 8.4 millions dollars in a Spanish vault. Even if I am not next of kin, we share the same surname so we can split it 50/50. He died in the December 2004 tsunami. He claims to be from Spain but is on a job seminar in Austria. He will send me the paperwork if I agree. Well how stupid does he think I am.

Nice try but this is definitely a scam. Please be aware of this name GOMEZ ABOGADOS...[

Unregistered

Exclamation Antonio Reyes Lopez Y SOCIO

Just received this letter today:

Antonio Reyes Lopez Y SOCIO
    Solicitor y Notaries Public
    C. Corsega 86, Principal 08036, Barcelona, Spain
    Tel: +34 603 238 785 Fax: +34 912 919 543

Dear

Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all be well at the end of the day.

Let me start by introducing myself properly to you, it may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Barrister Antonio Reyes Lopez Esq. a personal Attorney to Late Mrs Maria xxxxxx She died along side with her immediate family during the Tsunami Catastrophe which occured in December 2004, since then all my several enquiries here to locate any of my clients extended relatives, has proven unsuccessful.

Thus I decided to search with her name through the CANADIAN public records; to locate any member of her extended family hence I saw your name. I know you may not be biologically related to her but since you both bear the same surname, I decided to contact you to enable us to retrieve this deposit from the security company here in Spain.

Before the catastrophe that claimed her life, she deposited One Trunk box/Diplomatic Personal Treasure containing $15,500,000.00 (Fifteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) with a Safe keeping/finance company here in Spain. And due to security and personal reason, the exact content of the deposited diplomatic box was not disclosed.

The said Safe Keeping / finance company has mandated me to present a member of her family (heir/inheritor) to make claim or the vault will be confiscated and taken to the bureau of Diplomatic Security as unclaimed. With regards to this, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the diplomatic consignment would be released to you and the content be further disbursed on the ratio of 50:50 between us.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this transaction would be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. You can get across to me via Tel:+34 603 238 785, Fax: +34 912 919 543 and Email antonioreyeslopezz@gmail.com for further clarification. Do get back to me as well even when you are not willing to collaborate with me so as to further my search for another partner.

Kindest Regards

Barrister Antonio Reyes Lopez

Unregistered

Default recent scam

My mother asked me to email a spanish attorney her home phone number because she is (thankfully?) not internet savvy. I received the following reply:

Dear (mum's name removed),

I welcomed your quick responds to my proposal, this proves you are a highly qualified business person and the right person to handle this transaction with me.

Before I give you more details on the procedures may i remind you that we have a code of conducts guiding this business deal, our rules and regulations must not be violate or breached by any party. Please always contact me with this email for security reasons because it is my private email.

It's said that we must not disclose this business deal to any body, organization or authority, that the transaction must remain a business deal between me and you, that we must not involve a third party or disclose any information related to this business to any single person be it friends or relative to avoid eyebrow and to mark the success of this legal business.

Before we proceed I want you to realize that we are not harming any body or family, you may ask why you are to stand as the deceased next of kin instead of a real relative of the deceased to stand for this claim, the answer to such question is simply that Late Michael, had no existing relative to claim his balance from the bank, since the demise of his death in the year 2003 all effort to locate his extended relative and family members through their consulate and foreign affairs ministries where all
    in vain.

UN-operative account can no longer exist more than six years in SPANISH banks, after two years the account would be placed under dormant vault, then after some four years the account must be closed as unclaimed bill if
    the owner(s) or relatives of the account beneficiary fails to claim the fund left in the account.

I have receive ultimatum of only 21(twenty one) working days as the deceased attorney to present the deceased heir or have the account closed as unclaimed bill, another question is when this account is closed as unclaimed bill what happens to the money, the answer is this, 70% of the total sum goes into government treasury account at the
    apex government Bank, while 30% of this fund is shared amongst the Governing Board of the Bank.

You will agree with that leaving this fund to disappear just like a think wind is senseless when I have all the facilities required to claim this fund through your help. You are to stand as the next of kin to the deceased since you have same surname with him, that's all I need because I have all documents and information required to make this things happen.

Before further procedure let me give you guarantee that you will not face any queries or hindrance now or after the successful conclusion of this business deal, you can agree with me that I can not associate my self in any business / transaction that my bring curse or problems to my family.

The sharing Ratio remains, 10% to any Charity organization of your choice in your country, and the remaining 90% be shared equally between yourself
    and me.

Moreover am a legal practitioner, I can not just damage my hard earned reputation, my plan is to join politics and contest as a member of my country national assembly so I have no reason to dent my political carriers because of this money.

Back to the Procedures:

Without wasting much time, I will have to explain how we are due to commence this deal. I have draft a specimen text of application, you can find the application attached, please simply fill your name address and telephone numbers bellow and file the application to the Bank Email Below:

BANCO POPULAR ESPANA
    Avda. De Cantabria s/n,
    Boadilla Del Monte 28660 Madrid
    TEL: +34 634 915 949
    E-MAIL: info@bpopulares.com / ingaudit@accountant.com

You are sending this application to the Director of Foreign Remittance Dept of BANCO POPULAR ESPANA (BPE) in the person of Miss Jane KRISTOFIS, the Director have already assured me of her maximum cooperation in this matter as long as you can be able to provide supporting evidence to your claim, the supporting evidence is just some documents related to this account or some evidence of death, all this are available but I can not precise which one will be required by the bank, but I'm here to provide any documents or information on demand by the bank.

Please download the attached application and send to the bank now to signal the commencement of this legal business deal, I'm getting my self ready to appear in country for business negotiations and sharing of the
    fund once this fund comes to your account, moreover
    your bank will not ask you any question on how you make this fund, the bank here will send inheritance documents to your bank to avoid questioning you, so you are just free of any question after all. Send the application to the bank email and provide a reachable contact details to communicate and advice you when necessary.

Regards,

Edward Van Leeuwen ESQ.
    Principal Partner
    VAN LEEUWEN ASSOCIATES
    ADDRESS: Hermosilla, 3
    Madrid 28003 SPAIN
    TEL: +34 610 830 459

How do I break it to my mother that she is going to be taken for a ride by this scam artist?

Unregistered

Default Another letter from Edward Van Leeuwen ESQ

My partner also received a letter from Edward offering to share in a seven million inheritance, coincidently he shared the last name with another recently departed unfortunate "Mr Michael ..."

Unregistered

Exclamation

Received a letter the same in Australia. Same deal 10% to charity and the remaining 90% to be split between us both. The name is "Sergio Pinto Associados". Add this name to the list

Unregistered

Received same from Barrister Sergio Hugo Pinto with a practice in Madrid.
    Curiously, the stamp and postmark are from France.
    (postal rates in Spain must obscene to justify a drive to France)
    He'll just have to keep on working to earn those elusive millions.
    Just breaks my heart to decline his offer.

Unregistered

Default scammer letter received today

Just received a letter for Perez Palencia ESQ advising of an inheritance of 3,750,000m Euro. Another Nigerian scam which everyone should be aware of. Aparently Perez is a Solictor, Notary Public & Law Consultant based from Madrid, Spain 28020.

Unregistered

Default Scam letter from Abodago Servicios Juridicos

Barrister Itube David Esq. from above firm in Marbella offering to go halves on "One Trunk box/Diplomatic Personal Treasure" containing $13.5 million on the estate of a tsunami victim. Nearly 1 euro worth of stamps and mailed in Valencia.