Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Justbeenscamed

Angry Scam from "Herman & Herman Associados"

I just received a mail from Barrister Edward Herman stating that someone with a similar last name as mine passed away and now I'm suppose to act as one of his kins just to avoid the 7.5 million Euros doesn't get confiscated or declared by the Bank.
    All this very well written but being suspicious and knowing that this sounded too good to be true I did some research of my own. (also why I ended here)
    I did check on the website http://www.hermanlaw-es.com/ - Again, very well written same information as on the letter, name, address, phonenummer etc
    But when I did a whois on the website:
    Domain Name:hermanlaw-es.com
    Record last updated at
    Record created on 2011/1/22
    Record expired on 2012/1/22
    Clearly a scam!

I do not understand how lowlifes like that can live with themselves!

I might add that the scam mail I received was withing the days when I registered to website like partnerwithpaul.com and paid-surveys-at-home.com. Being naive as I am at times, thinking I could earn extra cash by doing surveys only ended having my personal information sold to strangers around the world! All this makes you feel uncertain and insecure what more they could do with it.

I can't stress this enough, PLEASE be careful when you fill out your personal information online. Even if the website clams to be secure and have privacy-statements there's a chance that's just another scam and B.S. from their part.

BE CAREFUL ONLINE!

Unregistered

Default Justin pennefather/ Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi there,

I just received a letter in the mail from a Jose Abrienda Y Socio saying he is from the Solicitor y Notaries Public and is asking for further details for a 6.1Million EUR inheritance and that he wants 10% of the inheritance given to charity and split the remaining between myself and him.

Obviously dodgy, just want people to be aware.
    8/10/2010 recieved the same letter exactly from Jose Abrienda, how lucky we are to all have such wealthy relatives dying around Europe leaving 6.1 mil. euros. What a scam.

Unregistered

Default Barrister Edward Herman

I just received mail in the post by Barrister Edward Herman. Same deal as the person above, 7.5 million Euros - for next of kin etc. Clearly a scam.

Laz

Default Ramirez & Ramirez

My Father (aged 76) was contacted by someome at "Procall" a couple of weeks ago, saying that his reclaim certificate wasn't worth anything and they could get him his money back if he paid £250.00 and would have to go to Tenerife to collect the money, accomodation was paid for. They knew the exact amunt that was on his certificate, so he though it was genuine. He paid the money! We have sinced looked on the internet and found out that this a scam. He has sinced cancelled his credit card and is persuing to reclaim. He was contacted this week by Andrea Reed from Ramirez & Ramirez saying that they could help him get his money back, he did tell them that he was not paying any money and theys aid they would send him details of their firm. However there seemed to be a problem with the e-mails and apparently the e-mail they sent him kept "bouncing back" and could he e-mail them His e-mails to them have also "bounced back"!! Can anyone help, is this another scam? We are so unsure as to what to do next. Has anyone had the same experience? Thanks AJH

Unregistered

Exclamation Another scam

Just received a letter from a attorney in Spain, supposedly to be a scammer.
    When reading your tips, this guy seems to be just the scammer you are speaking about.

"Barrister Mr. Paloma Gallar (Esq)"
    Paloma gallar Y Socio, Solicitor y Notaries Public.
    "10% to charity organizations, while the remaining 90% is shared equally between us."
    "woman with same name, dead in the Tsunami December 2004."
    Phone number starts with +34 6

Add this guy to the list please.

Unregistered

Default Scam Paloma Gallar Y Socio

Hello,

As it did not work with 6000 Eur, they augmented the amount!?! But then it sounds still more absurd and unbelievable!
    I received (in Germany) 1 or 2 days early per post exactly the same as the last mentioned on, from Barrister Mr. Paloma Gallar (Esq). too, so I would be supposed to get half of $15,500,000.00 (USD) -10% for charity!

I don't give that much my data on internet... No idea which website would have fish them up...

Unregistered

Default Fernando Escardo

Yes I too have received a letter from this person that informed me of a long lost family member had passed and I was the next of kin to receive 8.5 mil US and it was in a securities vault at Catalunya Securities & Logistics Company in Madrid, Spain...and I would at some point have to travel to Spain in order to release this deposit box....and then split 50/45% of the monies to this so called lawyer...the 5% would be for expenses occured .

I too will be speaking with the authorities regarding this scam....

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I received a letter posted from Portugal, from Fernando Escardo just before Christmas 2010, an inheritance waiting for me in a vault at the catalluna securities worth 8.6 million. He wanted half for "finding" me, because I am a person with the same surname that died in the 2004 tsunami....Amazingly, because I didn't send any monies I am "incompetent" and a "failure". So, so glad I didn't do it.
    wow the same thing happen to me i receive a letter from fernando eacardo telling me that i have the same last name from his late client who dies in 2004 tusnami catastrofie.. at the end he asking me to pay half so that we can claim the vault worth 8.6 million, it sound so true i almost got cott, i proceeded to ask for the money borrow then i found out from a good friend that it is a organised scarmed.. please be aware of this..

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Justbeenscamed View Post
    I just received a mail from Barrister Edward Herman stating that someone with a similar last name as mine passed away and now I'm suppose to act as one of his kins just to avoid the 7.5 million Euros doesn't get confiscated or declared by the Bank.
    All this very well written but being suspicious and knowing that this sounded too good to be true I did some research of my own. (also why I ended here)
    I did check on the website http://www.hermanlaw-es.com/ - Again, very well written same information as on the letter, name, address, phonenummer etc
    But when I did a whois on the website:
    Domain Name:hermanlaw-es.com
    Record last updated at
    Record created on 2011/1/22
    Record expired on 2012/1/22
    Clearly a scam!

I do not understand how lowlifes like that can live with themselves!

I might add that the scam mail I received was withing the days when I registered to website like partnerwithpaul.com and paid-surveys-at-home.com. Being naive as I am at times, thinking I could earn extra cash by doing surveys only ended having my personal information sold to strangers around the world! All this makes you feel uncertain and insecure what more they could do with it.

I can't stress this enough, PLEASE be careful when you fill out your personal information online. Even if the website clams to be secure and have privacy-statements there's a chance that's just another scam and B.S. from their part.

BE CAREFUL ONLINE!
    omg i got the same letter form fernando eacardo about his late client ,some 8.6 million and because i have the same last name i coul be the next of kin, i almost believe him cause everything sound so true, but when he sak me to come to spain an bring 14, thousand in cash i get supicious.. please people that a high class organised crime well put together. please beawear

Unregistered

Default SCAM!BARR TONI RAMON (ESQ.)/Integrated solicitors

A family friend of mine in Thessaloniki (Greece) has just received a letter from Barr Toni Ramon,lawyer at a firm called Intergrated Solicitors in Spain.Having read the previous posts is needless to say that it matches exacty the pattern mentioned about a late person with the same last name and an account of 5.750.000 euros...
    I was wondering how on earth this so called legal firm has found my friend's adress and what he should do next to protect himself.Is there an authority that deals with such issues?Is there anything we could do to prevent other people from getting tricked?

Any ideas anyone??

Thank you in advance!