Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Default Letter from Felix W. Bazan

To the poster two down: back off that's my 6.4M from Senor Bazan in Torrent Spain! Received in Ottawa. Amazing they have enough success that they can keep buying 1 Euro stamps. LOL. I wonder what their selection process is for names and addresses? It was very good English. Good laugh on a Friday/payday. It's almost worth phoning the number.... at 3am his time...

Unregistered

Letter from Torrent Law Firm International, Felix Bazan, advising that there is a $6.4 million estate for us left by some poor man supposedly dying with his family in the China earthquake in 2008. Is this a fraud? I would think so. Where do they get our information!

Unregistered

Default Jorge MG Abogados

Got the same letter. Waited about a month and replied to the g- email thought lets see what happen. There is a Jorge MG Abogados law firm in Spain. Right fax number but phone number is different. They are very good with this scam.

Unregistered

Default Yes...similar letter from Jorge Marcelino Gomez/Spain & used Ancestry dot com website

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My partner just received mail with a scam similar, just wondering, how many of you have used the ancestry.com web page? as some of the details where only ever used on this site and it is meant to be confidential...
    We are in NSW, Australia.
    Hello, I am from the West Coast of Canada, and received a similar letter dated 24/11/2015, and interesting you note having used the Ancestry dot com website, as I have as well. Unbelievable, and will cancel. Thank you for your post.

Unregistered

Default I also received an inheritance scam letter from the same Jorge Marcelino Gomez-Spain

Got the same letter. Waited about a month and replied to the g- email thought lets see what happen. There is a Jorge MG Abogados law firm in Spain. Right fax number but phone number is different. They are very good with this scam.
    Hello, I received a similar scam letter yesterday, and will report to the authorities. Someone else asked if any of us had used the Ancestry(dot)com webpage, and interestingly, I have. This needs to be reported to the authorities.

Unregistered

Default Associates Mario & Carmen

received a letter from them signed by Barrister Ruben Herrerra, same deal, inheritance etc. etc. live in Canada with a very English last name, no way there is a reliative in Spain who left me lots of Euros. Also letter was post marked in Portugal.
    Will pass it on to the fraud division of the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police)

Unregistered

Default I live in Toronto, Canada and got the same letter today!

Same details and the unfortunate (pretend) relative that perished in the earthquake was Berens A--- (my last name starting with A) I recently clicked on ancestry.com email link but didn't register.

Letter from Torrent Law Firm International, Felix Bazan, advising that there is a $6.4 million estate for us left by some poor man supposedly dying with his family in the China earthquake in 2008. Is this a fraud? I would think so. Where do they get our information!

Unregistered

Default Jorge MG Abogados - I live in Quebec and got the same letter

I live in Quebec and received the same letter from "Jorge MG Abogados" law firm in Spain. The "Barrister" is Jorge Marcelino Gomez. Date on letter is 24/11/2015. A "business magnate" with the same last name as mine supposedly died in the Sichuan Catastrophe on May 12, 2008. I'm glad I came across this page. Pretty slick scam I must say!

Just curious...to the poster who said they replied to the gmail address...what happened? Did they get back to you? How far did it go?

Unregistered

Default Velasco Morent Abogados again

Received a letter from a certain Herman Rodriguez Cano, claiming to be a member of the (existing!) law firm Velasco Morent Abogados in Valencia.
    I got used to spam in my e-mail postbox, but I am awed to see they even sacrifice paper and postage on me ...
    In the letter, there are exactly the same words as another guest cited some posts earlier: "Owing to the sensitivity of this transaction I urge you to keep proposal confidential pending when we work out modalities."
    I live in Germany.
    In live in Belgium and received today, by regular post, a letter with basically the same content "Owing to the sensitivity ....) and exactly the same amount.
    I made a search on their firm name in Valencia and was not able to find any phone number.

They are really clever : website + regular post, pretty shure that some people will loose some money.

Unregistered

Default Donna in Penticton, BC Canada

I too received a similar letter - I have been on ancestry.com but haven't registered in for years. I first thought my information may have been taken from dealings with a travel booking company I used like Trivagio, Expedia? Car rental dealership? All that was in 2014 though.