Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: New Conservatory next door

Hybrid View

Default New Conservatory next door

Hi I need some advice so thank you in advance for anything you can do for me.

We have been in dispute with our next door neighbour for about a year. They want to construct a very large conservatory on our boundary and letters have been going back and forth between ourselves and their solicitor. By and large their solicitor has been very professional. They have been unable to counter any of the arguments we set out in these letters. The construction company is Anglian Home Improvements. The next door neighbour knocked on our door today and with a big grin she told us that Anglian`s legal team were `taking over` the issue. We have written to Anglian in the past for clarification of issues and been ignored. How much weight does Anglian have here and how do I counter it? Thanks

Hi.
    Keep in mind, however, that while the company's legal team may play a role in a dispute with your neighbor, the final decision regarding the conservatory will be made by the local planning authority based on their assessment of the relevant regulations and the impact of the proposed development in the surrounding area.