Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Rejected Modification of Regime comunitario to Regime General

Post Rejected Modification of Regime comunitario to Regime General

Hello Sir/Madam,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am in serious situation now. I am Ghanaian citizen and my partner was Spanish.

I had a living together process with my partner and I was able to get the residence permit (regime comunitario) valid for 5 years, less than 3 month after getting the card, I suspected she was seeing her old boyfriend and I asked her and we fought and she had to take me off her address as I was living under her address, we broke and didnt see any future with us anymore.

I went to my lawyer and asked to separate me from being under my partner so I could get a residence card that is independent as I am working at the moment, I provided everything she requested but later I had to convince my partner to put me on her new address, since I needed it for my work purposes and yesterday the lawyer called and said I should meet her on monday as she has received a decision which was not favorable and I am very uncomfortable right now.

Please what could be the worse decision and what I can do to continue living and working in Spain?

Please I need your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Patricia,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am in serious situation now. I am Ghanaian citizen and my partner was Spanish.

I had a living together process with my partner and I was able to get the residence permit (regime comunitario) valid for 5 years, less than 3 month after getting the card, I suspected she was seeing her old boyfriend and I asked her and we fought and she had to take me off her address as I was living under her address, we broke and didnt see any future with us anymore.

I went to my lawyer and asked to separate me from being under my partner so I could get a residence card that is independent as I am working at the moment, I provided everything she requested but later I had to convince my partner to put me on her new address, since I needed it for my work purposes and yesterday the lawyer called and said I should meet her on monday as she has received a decision which was not favorable and I am very uncomfortable right now.

Please what could be the worse decision and what I can do to continue living and working in Spain?

Please I need your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Mohammed

I´m afraid your situation is difficult because you no longer have a relationship with an EU citizen. You haven´t mentioned whether you are just notifying your new situation to the Immigration office or trying to renew your current card. Has the partnership been cancelled? If the relationship went on for at least one year after you became a resident, you can keep your status, otherwise, you need to apply for an initial permit under general regime.

If you wish to learn more about your chances, please feel free to contact us by email using our website contact form.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for the reply.

My lawyer requested we modify the Communitario to General as the lawyer has already requested for the partnership to be canceled and that was done actually.

And she took my work contract and Criminal Check from my home country and the resolution of canceled partnership to submit for the General regime I think.

How can I apply for the regime General.

What are my chances please.

I really need your help.

I will send you the resolution soon.

Can I have your email.

Thank you in advance Patricia.

Kind regards