Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Canadian (from Ontario) getting married to a Spanish person

Unregistered

Lightbulb Canadian (from Ontario) getting married to a Spanish person

Hey everyone,

I'm from Ontario Canada, and my fiancé is Spanish.
    We're just organizing all our documents before our appointment and just wondering what "birth certificate" other Ontarians used.
    I've applied for my birth registration, because I was told it was the most comprehensive. Just wondering if others have done the same, and was that accepted with no problems?

Thanks!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vddonald View Post
    Just go to immigration i guess and ask for advice on what are the things need to be done.
    Hi thanks for your reply,

I've been in contact with both Canadian and Spanish civil registries, consulates, immigration offices and no one is super helpful.
    I was just hoping someone with experience getting married, with a birth registration, could give me some feedback.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm from Ontario Canada, and my fiancé is Spanish.
    We're just organizing all our documents before our appointment and just wondering what "birth certificate" other Ontarians used.
    I've applied for my birth registration, because I was told it was the most comprehensive. Just wondering if others have done the same, and was that accepted with no problems?

Thanks!
    Hello

You can click on this link to learn about the process of getting a certified copy of your birth certificate in Canada: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-or-r...th-certificate

After you get this certificate, you need to legalize it at the Spanish embassy. Legalizations are usually processed by post; there´s no need to go in person. After that, the document needs to be translated by an official translator of Spanish (traductor jurado).

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello

You can click on this link to learn about the process of getting a certified copy of your birth certificate in Canada: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-or-r...th-certificate

After you get this certificate, you need to legalize it at the Spanish embassy. Legalizations are usually processed by post; there´s no need to go in person. After that, the document needs to be translated by an official translator of Spanish (traductor jurado).

Regards,
    Hi Patricia,

Thank you, and I have been to that page, however, my confusion is that it's not titled as a "certified copy of a birth certificate" ... it's a "certified copy of birth registration", and I just want to be sure that this particular document can be used...or have some reassurance that someone has used this specific document in the past, and have had no problems.