Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NIE

  1. #1

    Post NIE

    was married to spanish, and lived with her 5 years and then we got divorced. during divorce i got a id for 10 years but it was dependent id on my wife. now as the rule say i suppose to give that id back and have to issue new one. which i didn't did from last 7 years.

    i was not aware of this to do, what you guys think if i give that id back and will i get new one or it will be refused forever for me

  2. #2



    Your residence card may have been cancelled due to the long absence, as if you stay out of Spain for more than 12 consecutive months, the card is regarded as invalid. I recommend you to start the process to recover your permanent residency rights and notify your new marital status at the Immigration office in order to get a new residence card issued.

    Patricia Martin
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

+ Reply to Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts