Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Shameful Tenant Tactics To Avoid Eviction

Threaded View

Now 1st Feb 2020 and we find something even more bizarre and unbelievable.

I found a website for the Supreme Court of Spain where one can complete an online request to confirm the status of the appeal . It asked for all sorts of information and 'appeal case' references and court registration numbers etc. I informed my solicitor and he couldn't find any 'court references' so he checked where the defendants lawyer sent the appeal .

He noticed that they sent the 'recurso de queja' to the WRONG COURT !!!!!! They sent it to the 'Audience Provincial ' instead of the 'Supreme Court' .

So we have been waiting for 3 months for nothing!!!!!

Why did the defendant send it to the wrong court? Probably to cause more confusion and delay of his eviction.

Why didn't the Audience Provincial Court immediately return the appeal back to the defendents lawyer via the procurador?

So here we go again , the defendent had 5 days to appeal against the last Supreme Court rejection so I'm assuming that the deadline has passed and he has no other forms of appeal.

The eviction order has been raised again and I am expecting the tenant to sack his free-aid lawyer again so that the eviction cannot be processed (ie. another 2 week delay).
    Last edited by Humbug; 12-07-2020 at 05:48 PM.