Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Shameful Tenant Tactics To Avoid Eviction

Hybrid View

Just thought I'd update on our current situation.

1. Tenant was evicted in Jan 21 .
    2. Our lawyer sent a letter by Burofax to the registered address of the Community of Owners (using the CIF in the court appeal evidence). Asking for 5 years annual accounts, AGM minutes to confirm any Comunidad debt . Received no response.
    2. Ex Tenant and his family (ie. the claimed Presidents of the block) broke back in immediately and changed the locks
    3. Because of travel restrictions my brother could not visit until Aug .
    4. He was obstructed from changing the locks or entering our own property by the ex-tenant, his father and a friend of theirs. They actually attacked my brother pushing down the stairwell and also threatened with a metal skewer (my brother had to file a police report).
    5. My brother came back home to the UK and revisited the flat again with this lawyer but the ex-tenants father obstructed them again ranting and raving that the flat was now the property of the 'Community Of Owners'. He would not discuss the situation with our lawyer so the Guardia Civil were called to allow my brother's locksmith to enter the flat and change the locks.
    6. The police found evidence of drug usage in the flat which had broken windows and doors .
    7. My brother had the place gutted of all furniture , installed a high security door , boarded up all the broken windows and doors , sealed off a way to break in via a window on the stairwell.
    8. We found what we thought was our water meter on the roof in a locked metal caged enclosure with all the other flat meters in the block. The meter had been sealed off for non-payment .
    9. Visited the water company and asked them to check if this was out water meter and what was the status of the account . They gave us account details that didn't make any sense because there was an account for our ex-tenant but not linked to our address but a flat on the 4th floor (ours is on the 2nd floor) . Also the meter number we thought was for our property was contracted to some stranger at a different flat address in our block (ie. on the 1st floor which was derelict). The water company would not reconnect the water meter we thought was for our flat without paying the outstanding balance and reconnection charge (even thought we didn't know for certain that it was for our property). So we paid the outstanding balance, their inspected visited our building and turned the water meter supply back on.
    10. When our property renovator visited our flat the next day there was still no water so he contacted the water company to find out what had happened. They sent the inspector around again and he found that someone had entered the metal caged enclosure and turned the water meter supply off , so he turned it back on again.
    It is obvious to us that the ex-tenants father (now the claimed President taking over control from his wife) has the key to the enclosure and spitefully turned our water supply off.
    11. We will now check again whether the water supply is on or off to ensure there are no leaks in our pipework.

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE THAT THE POLICE AND AUTHORITIES ALLOW THIS 'PRESIDENT' TO WHATEVER HE WISHES TO MAKE OUR LIFE DIFFICULT. MAYBE THE ONLY WAY IS TO TAKE THE LAW IN OUR OWN HANDS AND FIGHT BACK . KICK DOWN HIS DOOR AND CHANGE THE LOCKS, PAY A SQUATTER TO OCCUPY HIS PROPERTY, BREAK HIS WINDOWS, SABOTAGE HIS OWN WATER SUPPLY . THE POLICE AND AUTHORITIES DO NOTHING SO WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO WE HAVE OTHER THAN TO GO THROUGH THE RUBBISH BIASED COURT SYSTEMS (A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY).
    Last edited by Humbug; 10-11-2021 at 12:33 AM.

What a horror story, sounds like the mafia. Thank you for sharing your story, I am forewarned.