I can't believe what the tax man in spain is trying to do!
I am just amazed at what I am about to tell you and would like to see what you all think:
My cousin in spain purchased a house in 2001 and lived there until 2005. Then he moved on to his second home in 2006 which he lived in until end of 2010.
The tax man sent a letter to his gestor saying that they don't believe he lived in the first house as a main residency for 3 years and owes tax on the profits.
So he sent the gestor proof with electric bills, water bills etc.
Can someone help me!
The tax man today has replied saying that as he did not live in the house for the required 3 years in order to not have tax liablility that he owes tax on the profit he made from the house.!!!!!!

They point blank don't beleive him as he didn't put his change of address down with the council (empadronamiento) so it is not registered in the coucil that he lived at that address, and based on that they are asking him to pay a massive 30.000 euros tax bill!!! I mean his kids were born there, he even has that address on their birth certificates.
The gestor is wiping his hands saying he has done all he can and it is fighting a losing batle trying to convince the taxman he lived there as a main residency.
Can they do this???
I suggested he get a laywer but that will cost him,
any ideas would be appreciated as I think they are trying it on here.