Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Please help - holiday club - I want to cancel

Default Please help - holiday club - I want to cancel

Please can you help us. We have just returned from holidays in Gran Canaria whereby my partner and has signed a club membership which we do not wish to pursue.

My baby, me and my partner were taken from our resort in Maspalomas by taxi for a free 'dolphin boat excursion' in Puerto Rico, but when we got there we were taken to a hotel for 4 hours and pressured into joining the Ambassador Holiday Club. We kept saying we couldn't afford it as we were saving to get married and have another baby, we stated that we didn't have a credit card and didn't wish to use our holiday money for the deposit and we wanted to think about it. But then we were separated and my partner was taken back to Maspalomas with the salesman without me and the baby, leaving us in Puerto Rico. I had no money and the only way my partner could get back to me was to pay a £100 deposit and join the club.

We thought we'd be able to cancel but I can't find anything in the contract and now they want £259 to complete the deposit and then nearly £200 a month for the next 9 months. Please help me. I can't find anything about cancelling it and I can't get through to the contact on the contract.
    Last edited by dmhs1984; 01-19-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Subscribe to replies