Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Licence of First Occupation Explained

uhpuxexw

Default The Licence of First Occupation Explained

This is the discussion thread for the article The Licence of First Occupation Explained

--
    Last edited by ifv; 02-12-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spam

Conn

I feel you should also point out the dangers of not completing on the required date, specifically after the LFO was granted.

Dear Sir/Madam,

It's a fair point.

This article is really a F.A.Q. that picks up on all the legal queries related to LFO I've received over the years. I judged that writing on the dangers of not completing after its granting was slightly off the point as it had to do more with litigation and besides the article is already over 2,000 words long as it stands so I had to draw the line at some point or other. But I've thought about it too many times over.

In any case in other sections of this website I've covered the topic already.

Regards,
    Raymundo LarraĆ*n Nesbitt
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 03-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Philip

I have lost my LFO. Have lived here for 10 years. Have a catastral certificate and pay my IBI I am conected to all services etc. How can I get a duplicate and what will it cost?

Dear Sir,

You can request a copy from the Town Hall where it was issued (Planning Department).

All you need to bring along is your passport and a copy of the Title deed.

It should be free if you do it on your own.

mike

The builder of our apartments walked away from the complex approx 4 years ago, since then we have completed all the work necessary to apply for the LOF. Now our application is in we have found out that a company who is owed money buy the builder has embargoed land that we have agreed to hand over to the Town Hall. Can the embargoing of the land prevent the Town Hall from issuing the LFO. They have said that the building is compliant.

Dear Sir,

It's up to your Town Hall to reply on this issue, we cannot assist you, as the decision is only theirs.

You've probably reached an agreement with them to legalise your development in exchange of a plot of land which is now in jeopardy.

I'm sure you will both come to an agreement and your development will obtain the LFO eventually as it benefits the Town Hall as well.

Steve Smith

Do you need to apply for a licence of first occupation after restoring a tumbled down ruin?

Dear Sir,

Do you have permission from the Town Hall to restore the ruin and live in it?

Graham Jones

We had to complete on our apartment as the bank guarantee was worthless and the developer was bankrupt. The development has no First Occupation License and the Architect refuses to sign off the work as being complete unless the Community of Owners pays the fees owed by the developer. This runs in a considerable sum which the community cannot aford to pay. We have therefore secured the services of another architect to oversee the minimal amount of completion work. He will submit his project to the Colledge of Architects and submit the Completion Certificate in order to obtain the First Occupation License. One member has concerns that the Colledge will not accept another architects certificate. If they are correct then we may never get the project completion certificate unless we pay the first architect their "ransom money".

I cannot believe that this is correct and we are preparing to pay the new architect a fair sum for finishing things off.

Can you comment on this?

Graham