Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

GKB

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Beware, another company called Odyssey Group Consultants based in Majorca is claiming quick sales at V. High resale values, contact name of Jessica Hill, suggested that they found a buyer prepared to pay serious money (circa £20K), but needed £1250 up front which would be refunded following transfer of ownership documents. Very persistant, even said that the buyer was still on holiday and would come into the office, Mr Ward however was not very convincing. Treat as if the plague!

Peter Guntrip

oes anyone have information on the Odyssey Group who resale timeshare. if so I would appreciate hearing about them good or bad?

Gordon Caddy

I have been contacted by Daniel Thompson of Odyssey Consultants today offering to buy my timeshare.He is supposed to contact me on Friday with an offer.I know he will require a refundable deposit.

mary daisy

Default Odyssey consultants

i, also had an offer from Odyssey consultants. presume it is a scam?

Raymond Scott

Odyssey contacted me this evening. Offered me an extremely high value for my Diamond Points and wanted a decision immediately and £1250 instantly. Said they had clients sat waiting. I said I was not prepared to make an instant decision. They then backtracked and said their client could come back into the office same time tomorrow before their flight home. Do not trust them. Facts are the same - based in spain, want money upfront, not offering me any proof they are genuine, resorting back to the old trick of protected by the consumer credit act. Do not trust. Will not be giving my details to them.

Carlos

We got a phone call from a company named "Viajeria y Turismo", allegedly being based in Marbella, Spain. They speak German, and their "representative" appears to be from Austria.
    They wanted us to sell our timeshare for an absolutely astronomic prize. However, they wanted a deposit of Euro 2300 to be paid if a potential buyer would be found at the time when the buyer has transferred the selling prize on a account in Marbella. The argued that this deposit would only cover any costs arising if the seller or buyer would withdraw during the selling process.
    After all, they sent us a first draft of a selling contract, already with a buyer who appeared to have signed the selling contract, together with a photocopy of a receipt of a bank in Marbella, suggesting that the selling prize would already have been payed by the client. At this point, they got nasty and wanted the deposit to be paid immediately.

However, we then found out that the "client" (a person living in Aberdeen, Scotland) did not exist under the address depicted on the contract. Also, we could not find a company named "Viajeria y Turismo" on the internet.

I decided to called this timeshare reseling company, and the representative was rather annoyed when I confronted her with what I had found out. They said everything would be ok, and, as a "proof", referred me to to their website shown on the contract. However, when contacting that company via the "contact" link on the site, it turned out that the website belonged to another company (a online Travel Agency (www.viajeria.com)) that does no timeshare reselling, nor does this company have anything to do with Marbella). This "reselling company" simply abused the website of a correctly operating travel agency to confuse possible victims.

Yvonne Fredriksson

Tack.!
    Vi har också blivit kontaktade av Mi Viaje (www.viajeria.com). De hade en "köpare" som vill köpa våra semesterveckor i Travel Safe Holidays, för 22.500 euro, dock ville de ha en deposition på 3.708 euro!!
    Vi va nära att "gå på" detta, men då jag nu har läst på er sida om den stora bluffen så hoppar vi av Vänliga hälsningar från Yvonne

Unregistered

Angry Mrs G

My mother, who is 83, and in poor health has also been contacted by Odyssey Consultants. She does want to dispose of one of her weeks as she is no longer well enough to travel. She said to them "if you have a buyer for my apartment what number is it"?, and of course they didn't know. They wanted her to put about £1200 up front fortunately she's no fool and realised it was a con. I was conned by a company called club class holidays over 10 years ago, with a resale scam to the tune of £4,500. I did exactly as requested sending my certificate off on the due date. They even wrote and told me I was entitled to the money but I never received a penny. I then got conned by a company who promissed to get my money back. Key Properties Town advisory, They conned me out of £1200.They didn't get me a penny and kept asking for more for solicitors fee's, I didn't inherit my mother's brains. I let it happen to me twice.

John Pearce

Just had a call from amey potts of odyssey consultants majorca saying they have sold my 2 weeks timeshare for £7600-00 but yes you have guessed it they want debit or credit card details to hold and take £760-00 from the account immediately to secure the deal which will be refunded on completion. How gullable are these people that believe that people pass this information on after just receiving a telephone out of the blue. Someone outhere will get caught big time be aware.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by GKB View Post
    Beware, another company called Odyssey Group Consultants based in Majorca is claiming quick sales at V. High resale values, contact name of Jessica Hill, suggested that they found a buyer prepared to pay serious money (circa £20K), but needed £1250 up front which would be refunded following transfer of ownership documents. Very persistant, even said that the buyer was still on holiday and would come into the office, Mr Ward however was not very convincing. Treat as if the plague!
    I have just been contacted by Patrick (with an Irish accent) from Odyssey Consultants wanting to sell my timeshare. I told him that someone was at the door and if he gave me his telephone number then I would phone back. This number is 0808 1293889. I then told him that I was registered with the TPS and had no intention of selling my timeshare - I then hung up. Lo and behold two minutes later he was on the phone again saying that he hadn't given me a reference number and that the telephone number that he had supplied was wrong. He said "who's the fool now?". I hung up again. The given telephone has an automated (in English) response saying 'not available'. My barge pole protects me!