Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Not sure where to start with getting anything back. I wont be sending any further monies though, thats for sure. I have no info re any changes of names either. I only wish I had seen thus site before I decided to go with Now on line. I would have told them where to go. personally, i think im goosed here, pretty sick about it all and feeling a bit stupid. have you any ideas on how to start getting monies back from them.

Unregistered

Default Mrs J Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i to am one of the stupid people who belived them, i got a call from realm travel services, stating they had a buyer for my timeshare.... and all i had to do was pay £1300 upfront....and stupidly i did...god am i regreting it now

i have contacted my visa card and told them the situation and i am in the process of seeing if i can get back my money.....
    will i get it back???

has anyone else heard of them or been lucky to get there money back

http://realmtravelservices.com

cant belive they can get away with it ........
    Hi
    Yes I am one of those stupid people too. They took £1800 from my husband and I. Im trying to get a refund from My bank HSBC. But they are not being very helpful. With Realm Travel, if you made a credit card payment, they would of paid it into an account called Class Business S.L, their bank is called Banca March and is in Palma Mallorca. Which is even more disgusting , as the banks dont want to pay. There is a website called Mindtimeshare, please leave a blog and you will get advice from them. They have been fantastic and very supportive. And you will see how many other people have been conned by them.

Angry Load of cobblers Derek 25

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have CLC points and was phoned by a Paul Carrington of Now On Line.com after a search on the internet,guess what i got cought for £1250 their so called client pulled out 2 weeks before the expriry date of the contract.The contract did say that if the could sell through an associate company the could do so,what a mug i am,the associate company, AS Services have given me a so called assurance that the can sell my points through a company called Property Development Consultants International can any comment on this company.

Anon

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

I had a call from Blue Chip re selling our TS apartments. When I said I did not believe that hey had a genuine offer they gave a phone number of the buyer (probably his mate) in UK who confirmed that they wanted the weeks.
    Like a fool I then gave them €1300 as a security on a promise that all would go through in 4-6 weeks. Surprise, Surprise, suddenly the buyer could not get the money and they then came back with a 'Corporate Offer' of a Holiday Club which required us to send a further €1690 in order for the 'Sale' to go through.
    When we asked why we needed to send them more money when the new 'offer' was supposed to end up with us being paid I got 10 minutes of double speak.
    Needless to say we did not send the extra cash and all since then has been very quiet, my letter asking for our cash back being seemingly ignored.
    If you are contacted by these people, do NOT listen to any of their lies - just tell them you are NOT interested and put the phone down.

Clive

Yesterday seems to have been a busy day for Blue Chip SL.
    I received a call from Sally Miller offering to arrange a transfer of my membership of Club Class PLC to prospective buyers.
    She appeared to know all my details and those of Club Class and, foolishly, I agreed to pay a cover insurance fee of £1250.
    Belatedly, I began a check on Blue Chip on the internet and discovered that this organisation appears to be a bogus timeshare operator with a proven track record.
    It appears that I am one of many who have been naiive and I am now beginning the process of trying to get help and advice on trying to recover my money.

Derek
    quite a regular thing going on here. Now-on-line, property development consultants international and AS services really do look like being all in each others pockets, and peeing in the pockets of the good natured, trusting public. stay well clear of these people is my advice. I am sure have been scammed, I have lost money, and dont really expect to see it again. the practice the use is not legal in the EU apart from Spain basically, the word SCAM is what springs to mind

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I have CLC points and was phoned by a Paul Carrington of Now On Line.com after a search on the internet,guess what i got cought for £1250 their so called client pulled out 2 weeks before the expriry date of the contract.The contract did say that if the could sell through an associate company the could do so,what a mug i am,the associate company, AS Services have given me a so called assurance that the can sell my points through a company called Property Development Consultants International can any comment on this company.
    do not go near them they get you out to where they are and ask you for momey

Hi i think that you could be correct i will let you know if i do not receive our loyalty certs
    within the next few days.They have advised me that i should do but i am not holding my
    breath,if i dont then i intend to see our Member of Parliament and se if any thing can be
    done through the european parliament and stop people being scammed as predominantly
    through (SPAIN) most of the toe rags who do this are British anyway.
    Derek

M. A. Gibbonley

I had the missfortune to be called by a Micheal Doyle from Odessey he was really pushy and when I said I was concerned about being scammed he said that "unfortunately web sites now are tarring good companies along with bad, but Hand On Heart (that's a good one he doesn't have a heart!!!) l can sell your timeshare and l sleep very well at night so trust me l have a very good life and enjoy helping people" he then asked for my credit card for a payment which l would get back, when l said l did not have enough credit to cover the cost he replied "don't worry about that we have a special code we put in which overrides that". Stupidly l had already given him that card no thinking l was safe as it would be over my limit and be refused. How wrong was l, a short while later l got a call from Mr Doyle saying "no worries the payment has gone through, you will be thanking me soon and you can then send me a bottle of whiskey when it's all over" He took no notice of my concerns and put the phone down. l got the contract but returned it with the credit card slip unsigned, this started up a barrage of calls demanding l sign and fax it back saying they already had my money so why was l delaying the sale going through. l tried to cancel but was 'too late' as obviously it took more than the 7 days for the contract to arrive in the first place. l went to my credit card company and explained to them and they were very good and refunded the full amount to me. This started up another barrage of abusive and threatening calls from Mr. Doyle and they even sent a 'solicitors' letter saying l must pay the full amount back immediately or l will have to go to court IN SPAIN for which they will not pay travel expenses and if l do not go to court then l will be prosecuted and will likely go to prison. Oddly enough no such solicitor could be found!! l contacted my credit card company again and they said to "totally ignore it" as the debt was not mine as they had taken the money back from Odessey not me, so l did ignore it and when l got a call again from Mr. Doyle l told him what the credit card people had said which shut him up immediately and he hung up and l have heard nothing since. So do try your credit card companies as they CAN refund you the money even if the debt is a few years ago if they still insist they can't go to the Financial Ombudsman (details available on line) and they will help. Also try TATOC who deal with timeshare scammers and will give you advice. JUST REMEMBER IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - IT IS no-one wants timeshare now and there are thousands to buy IF they do so why would they pay over the odds to purchase yours - finally look on E-Bay you will find them on there for 1p and they still can't get rid of them. Good luck to anyone trying to get rid of a timeshare but do be careful.

Abby

I just received a call from Merrick from AVG (American Vacation Group) who said he had a buyer for my timeshare for my asking price of 50K and they had already been approved! What does he think I am stupid? I asked if a fax could be sent to me of their written offer of the contract. He said he would have to have his supervisor call me. If this man is calling me to tell me he basically has a signed proposal for my timeshare, wouldn't he have it in front of him and could fax it to me himself? I am braced for a scam. The so called supervisor is supposed to call me later today!