Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Unregistered

Default Odyssey

Odyssey Worldwide are a scam so don't have anything to do with them. My friend moved to Mallorca and got a job with them. She lasted 3 days until she found out what they were doing ripping people off. She has contacted the newspapers about them too. She's now working in a bar earning legal money!!!!!!

Unregistered

Default Odyssey

Here is a website to report your fraudulent calls too. These ripoff merchants are the scum of the earth and need getting rid of.

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/home

JUNE

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

I have been reading the above and have learned from comments made.

Unfortunately I own a Time Share & a Holiday Club and have had offers from many Co's to re-sell, including one that wanted me to re-mortgage my home to invest in Hotel Building in Thailand (with a promise of great returns)!!!

Last week I was contacted by Half Moon Holdings claiming that they had a buyer willing to pay double the purchase price of my Holiday Club. They wanted a Deposit of £1,000!!!

I now have an unbelievable problem with another Co. LAST YEAR I gave a Deposit to ODYSSEY CONSULTANTS SL. They then said that their potential purchaser had 'pulled-out' and that they would return my Deposit. They actually did return this (minus about £60+). Their excuse was 'the difference in the Exchange Rate'!!!

However, this was the LEAST of my problems! I have today received a nasty letter inferring that I am 'IN BREACH of CONTRACT'!!!!! They say that, they have found no official letter of cancellation in their files. They want me to PAY THEM 1,356.61 Eu within 14 DAYS - OTHERWISE A LITIGATION CLAIM in the SPANISH COURTS !!!!!

P L E A S E H E L P ME !!!!!

Unregistered

Default Odyssey

Hi Jane, They cannot sue you when what they are doing is illegal. They are stealing money from people. My friend took the job in good faith and when she overheard 2 of the "closers" talking about people being greedy when they think they are going to get money for something that is worth nothing, it serves them right to get ripped off!!!!!! She asked what they were talking about and they explained everything to her. That was when she walked out.

You need to report all this to the fraud people who are dealing with this. Contact the Office of Fair Trading and they will tell you who it is.

If you also look on the tmeshare talk forum there are links to web sites where you can report it too. Look up Odyssey on there in the Shark Alley forum and see how many others have been scammed too.

It's time these people were stopped and made to repay what they have stolen from everyone they have dealt with.

Good luck with it and don't worry they can't take anything from you.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by David Morgan View Post
    My wife and I have been contacted a couple of times by Odessey Worldwide.
    The caller is a woman by the name of Christine Collins and her telephone number is 08453025752 (not one that I have come across before).
    Boy! am I glad that i have read the postings on this site!!!! THANKS
    They are very clever because their office is in Mallorca. How they get UK numbers is beyond me. Christine Collins is one of the people my friend worked with and needless to say it is not her real name. They are all advised not to use their real names!!!!!! I wonder why..........

My friend tells me she has now made a fulll statement to the Spanish police regarding Odyssey so watch this space.

Christine

Sad to say that we have been caught in the Millenium Marketing Group scam,same old story saying they had a buyer for our points,June last year,I have sent emails but no reply and the TEL NO 0871 244 5184 no longer exists,we paid with credit card so will I be able to get help from them.
    feeling sick with disappointment that people can decieve us,we must be a bit green!!

Kevin

Okay - They are still at it - Had a cold call from a lady telling me that they were going to auction off my DWVC membership, if I agreed. Then they called me back and told me they had an offer of £7,800......all they needed was a security deposit of 1200 Euros. I had not seen this site so I coughed up with my credit card details, then sat back and had a Homer moment - Doh! What have I done!!!

Thanks to this site and other similar ones I realised I have been suckered. So here is my plan for stopping them.

1 - On line banking enabled me to remove all the funds from my account and also cancel my overdraught facility. I left them 10p in the account

2 - Call the bank and report the card stolen. That stops it and all further transactions on the card are refused.

3 - Publish their details on this site - to warn others. So, I was called by a female who stated her name was Joanne Carter. Gave an address of Rincon Holiday Park Village, Torre Del Mar, 29740 Malagar Spain and a company number of B93063337. Be WARNED.

Can't find a match to the company number, nor the address or the telephone number. Mmmm Scary, huh

Anyway. Be warned. They are still out there- but they won't get me!!

Unregistered

Default christine collins aka christine s love aka christine crayton

Please be aware of this woma! She is a scammer the low life! She does this money gifting "programs" she will tell people that its to feed the the homless people, children you name it. ha you send her cash by cert mail ups fed ex the list goes on and on. if you hear from this woman run as fast as you can do not gifrt her any money. you can google her or go to whoscammedyou.com and read all all about her. if yo have been scammed report her to your local police dep what she is doing is a crime being that shes an ex con she will be punished only if reported report her the the atty general also

b walklett

realm travel malaga try to sell my timeshare money required up front are they scammers thanks

b.walklett

2 companies want my money up front for a club class reclaim £4,000
    RAMIREZ RAMIREZ LAWYERS
    and GREENGESS 2005 SL both of MALAGA. what do you think thankyou