Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

Unregistered

I was contacted over 2 weeks ago By Christopher Piggott a very convincing gentleman from Odyessy Sales, in regards to my ultra travel memebership and also my Travel Mouse club ownership. He advised me that they have a family from durham who have made an offer on both off my memberships which i am looking to sell i proceeded to leave a "retainer" with them on my credit card for £3000 gbp which i was informed by there legal team is returnable on completion of the sale after reading these pages im now wishing i hadnt, what is my best plan off action. Any advise is glady appreciated..

Unregistered

Angry

I have been pestered by a timeshare company, AVG in Palma (over 300 calls to my telephone no over the last year) asking for a Mr Davies who I don't know asking me if I want to sell my apartment which I don't own. Despite repeated requests, they are continuing to pester me. How do I stop them!!!!!

Default How to report the fraud in the UK

Below is an extract from a letter the police have sent out to a number of persons who have been defrauded by way of a resale timeshare scam.
    If the matter is a fraud and reported to police under credit card legislation one can make a claim on the credit card company to obtain a refund of the amount stolen by the scammers.

"If you wish to report this matter it should be reported to your local Police under Home Office Counting rules Section 53D Fraud by false representation and other fraud classifications, this clearly states that if the money is transferred abroad and the suspects address is not known the offence should be recorded at the victims address. However you may experience difficulties. Alternative reporting procedures can be followed by reporting to “Action Fraud” via internet or telephone 0300 123 2040. This is a centrally run Fraud Reporting Service which is quite new. Also the City of London have a website called Operation Archway which looks at Advanced Fee Fraud and offers advice. They also have a “Boiler room” Questionnaire to report incidents, this is the term used for Advanced Fee Fraud."

Unregistered

Angry

I've been posting on here for quite a while now. I have been researching these companies and put on as much information as possible. Obviously people don't go back over the pages to read what others are saying.

Odyssey, Global Reservations, AVG, all the companies in Palma are all the same one they just keep changing their name.

The address is

Marques de la Senia 35
    1st Floor
    Palma de Mallorca

Give this address to the police. There is another office in Portals Nous.

1st floor, Portals Plaza. They are next door to Knights Insurance.

When I went on holiday I made it my mission to find them and I did.

They won't need to look far to find them.

PLEASE PEOPLE READ THE THREADS AND DON'T KEEP GETTING CAUGHT.
    NO ONE HAS BUYERS FOR YOUR TIMESHARE, THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY.

Following on the above helpful posts I post again the following excerpt from the Timeshare Consumers Association (TCA) regarding timeshare reselling:

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/affils.html

Recommended Resale Brokers
    Safe places to do business

With 96% of the companies that claim to be "resellers" actively defrauding consumers, TCA have established a Code of Conduct for Resellers and the following comply with the Code.

It is important NOT to make any up-front payment for any reason. If an up-front payment is requested then you should not do busines with that reseller.

This is to ensure buyers and owners have safe places in which to do business.

Contd.

andrew mcrobb

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

i know of one company that is being set up to use unwanted weeks of timeshare to use in the rental market. they are taking weeks from people who no longer wish to use their timeshare. it will suit those who dont want the liability of maintenance.. i will post their site if anyone wants it.

Unregistered

Default Mallorca

There is a new scam coming from Mallorca now. They are asking if you have paid out money to anyone and now they want to help you claim it back.
    Excellent, they are the ones you paid it to in the first place.
    Do not be fooled, do not part with any money, you will get nothing back. They've scammed you once and will do it again without any conscience.

Unregistered

Default think someone is cheesed off????

The comMent above this and the one further up this forum giving addresses for companies sounds to me like a very cheesed off ex employee!!!! So you rip people off yourself then because you get ripped off or have fallen out with the company you wanna try and get your own back.......theres a great saying out there "what goes around comes around" ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The comMent above this and the one further up this forum giving addresses for companies sounds to me like a very cheesed off ex employee!!!! So you rip people off yourself then because you get ripped off or have fallen out with the company you wanna try and get your own back.......theres a great saying out there "what goes around comes around" ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!
    I wish you were right but unfortunately you're not. My mother in law was ripped off three times by these bastards and my husband and I have spent a lot of time researching them. My husband is 70 and his mother is 90 so I hope they rot in hell taking advantage of an old lady!!!!!!
    As you say what goes around comes around and some day Trading Standards will shut the lot of them down.
    I'm wondering why you are making comments like this unless you work for them!!!!!!

Ivor Rowlands

Default Timeshare resellers: Be careful!

I recently received a call from Odyssey Consultants S L.in Majorca asking me did I want to sell my time-share.The person I spoke to was John Hill who said they would pay me the sum of £3,000.00 for it and on sending the document of sale to them they would pay a deposit of £1,500.00 once I had provided their bank details to my bank, they assured me it would not cost me anything for the transaction.
    The following day someone called James rang up and spoke to my son and asked why I had not deposited the sum of £1,500.00 in their account as a surety ? As he knew nothing about the call he said that his father did nor possess anything like the sum mentioned in his bank account but he would tell him about the call when he returned. Needless to say I am nor having anything to do with this organisation as I believe they are connected to all these phoney holiday companies who operate in Spain.
    As the U. K. is a member of the E.U together with Spain I just wonder when our wretched governments are going to outlaw these parasite companies.
    Anyway, anybody reading this please, please do not take up any offer from any of these thieves.