Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Citizenship

My wife is Polish, and holds a Polish passport. She is entitled to take Spanish nationality this month because she has now spent 10 years as a legal resident in Spain.

I am a UK subject, hold a British passport, and I have been legally resident in Spain since December 2007.

My wife and I got married here in Spain in May 2011.

If my wife takes Spanish nationality, what effect would that have, if any, on my applying for Spanish nationality? Would I still have to be legally resident in Spain for 10 years?

Unregistered

Default Just to confirm

My Mother was born and raised in Spain. My Father and her got married in Spain and we still have the Libro de Familia. My older brother was born in Spain and is in the Libro. I was born 3 years later outside of Spain. Am I correct the assumption that I have spanish citizenship without any residency requirement? Is it a simple process of taking my mom's birth certificate, the Libro, and my birth certificate to a juzgado and getting into the Libro? After which I can get a spanish passport?
    Thanks

Hello,

Yes, you are right. You are a Spanish national by origin and there is no need for you to reside in Spain before applying for your Spanish passport. You can check this in the Civil Code, article 17.a.

You need to approach the closest Spanish embassy taking with you the Libro de Familia and your motherĀ“s passport -They may require her personal appearance. Once the embassy helps you register, you can file the application of your Spanish nationality by origin.

You will find more information about Spanish nationality requirements here.

You can contact me directly by e-mail ( click on my profile ) if you have more specific questions.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Uk/Spain

Hello,

I was born in the UK (English father, Spanish mother) and lived there until I was 13. When I came to Spain to live I got the Spanish nationality. Now I am 24 and want to request the British passport for the first time. Can I have both Spanish and British passports without the need of renouncing to one?

Thanks!

Unfortunately Spanish law does not allow dual citizenship with the UK.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Unhappy Im Pakistani Poor Man

Hi Every One how im apply Spanish visa i have no money im really poor man plz help me

Unregistered

Post holding 2 passports

If someone changed nationality from italian to spanish. Can they also keep there venazulan passport as well as the spanish passport. Does spain have dual nationality with venazula?
    many thanks

Hello,

Spain allows dual Nationality to passport holders from Latin American countries, and therefore Dual Nationality Venezuela-Spain is allowed.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Dual Nationality/Citizenship & Passports

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello,

Spain allows dual Nationality to passport holders from Latin American countries, and therefore Dual Nationality Venezuela-Spain is allowed.

Regards,
    Hello. Does Spain allow dual Nationality to passport holders from the USA? I was born in Spain (as was my mother, and her parents) and lived there until I was 11. Since then, I have returned numerous times as an adult, however under a US passport. I'm now presented with a possible opportunity to work in Spain, and would like to know my options.

Thank you for your time.

Unregistered

Default Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello. Does Spain allow dual Nationality to passport holders from the USA? I was born in Spain (as was my mother, and her parents) and lived there until I was 11. Since then, I have returned numerous times as an adult, however under a US passport. I'm now presented with a possible opportunity to work in Spain, and would like to know my options.

Thank you for your time.
    Hola. I'm in a similar situation. Can anyone answer this? Muchas gracias.