Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
Payment should be negociated with the tax office personally, via your accountant or via your lawyers. You can make suggestions but ultimately the tax office will decide on the payment structure. Although they can be quite flexible, I have never heard of a five year payment structure. The maximum amount you are able to defer without them requesting a bank guarantee is of 18,000 EUR. Besides this, not all debts can be deferred, it will depend on their nature. If legal proceedings arise from any debt you have with them, then you will not be able to defer any other tax payment until this payment has been satisfied.
Thankyou, so I could ask the bank to guarantee me? If the worst came to the worst. But if I just cannot pay the amounts in the way they want me too, what could happen. I mean I haven no problem in paying but only what I can physically afford to pay I have 3 kids and only a limited income. (the reason I have this bill is because my gestor made an error on my declaracion in 2006, so not really my fault) thankyou