Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Holiday Ownership Advisory

Unregistered

Default Holiday Ownership Advisory

I too have been contacted by Holiday Ownership Advisory about a a Holiday Club we bought into in 2006 (we've been scammed to put it simply!) telling me that they can put our claim for compensation to the Spanish courts on 18th October 2010. We would have to pay £40 to them as a non refundable payment for telephone calls, cups of coffee etc (they are a voluntary company). We would also have to make a one-off payment of £925 to pay for the translator. This payment would be refunded to us once the claim is settled and if for any reason it didn't go to court, the money would be still be refunded....I would be able to claim it back from my credit card company quoting section 75. I too was also extremely sceptical and my gut instinct tells me that this is a scam! Everything you read tells you that if it's a cold call asking for money up front, then its a scam. I've since contacted the company and told them not to contact me again. It will be interesting to see if my gut instinct was correct....I'm sure time will tell!!

Unregistered

Post RH

Holiday Ownership Advisory.
    This is probably word for word what they told me.
    Is there any organisation out there that is known to be genuine when it comes to compensation claims?

Administrator

This is nothing but another recovery room. I recommend that you do not have any dealings with these people.

Only Spanish qualified and registered lawyers are authorised to carry out legal work in Spain. Also, lawyers will never cold call you to offer you litigation services.

Unregistered

Default HOA Its another scam!!!

[QUOTE=Unregistered;8629]I too have been contacted by Holiday Ownership Advisory about a a Holiday Club we bought into in 2006 (we've been scammed to put it simply!) telling me that they can put our claim for compensation to the Spanish courts on 4th November 2010.
    Herewith, please find a copy of the e-mail sent.
    Thank you for the information provided to Holiday Ownership Advisory. I would like to confirm the following as discussed recently:

Claim against Freedom Vacations for fraudulent activities. Due to be presented at Court on 4 November 2010.

£5,000 plus £200 per year compound interest = £5,800.

Minimum guaranteed payment 70% of £5,000 plus £200 per year compound interest = £4,300

20% of cashback promised (£7,200) = £1,440 (subject to funds).

Total claim amount £7,240

H.O.A. will lodge the above claim at the Spanish court house in Malaga as part of a class action on 4 November 2010 with settlement approximately 14 - 28 days after.

Costs.

Payment to H.O.A. £ 40 (non returnable)

Translation fee to H.O.A. £499 (returnable)

Total amount payable £539

The translation fee will be returned to you in the following instances:

- If your claim has not been dealt with within a 2 month period from date of payment you have the option to request a refund, alternatively you may wish to continue to participate in the claim.

- Upon settlement of the claim. (An out of court settlement also constitutes a successful claim).

Kind Regards

Catriona Anderson - H.O.A.
    Claims Advisor

I wonder what type of reply I will get when I tell them to take the translation fee out of the claim money.Beware, the lady that spoke to me was an English woman, very pleasant and quite convincing and stated that they were a voluntary organisation based in England - no address or phone numbers given on this e-mail letterhead. (Its the old addage - if they are asking for money upfront then it is a scam! - Does your estate agent ask you for the fee upfront prior to selling your house?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unregistered

I too had the same email, however mine stated 1st October for the class action.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I too had the same email, however mine stated 1st October for the class action.
    The address this company was using was 1c Brickmakers, Castle Road, Sittingbourne, Kent which is a mail forwarding office that has no connection with the company. The persons concerned with the company are also running Intouch ltd and Secure Travel and Leisure. They are also connected to several other so called resale timeshare scams. If anyone has paid by credit card under the Consumer Credit Act sec 75, you will be able to kame a claim via the credit card company.

Unregistered

Thumbs up The info that you need...

The owner of this clandestine company called Derek R. Ramsay and now lives in Glasgow, G41. His wife's name is Rashida Zafir.
    (http://www.192.com/atoz/people/ramsay/derek/)
    (http://www.192.com/atoz/people/zafir/rashida/)
    Your Facebook profile is: http://facebook.com/deggsy.spain
    Your e-mail are: deggsyspain@hotmail.com and leadgeneration@hotmail.co.uk
    The last known address in Spain: Urb La Cala Hill. Phase 5, Blk. 13, Apto. 36 Mijas Costa, Malaga, Spain